Best Long Range Wireless Router Available In India?

My quest for the best router in the market never ceases to end. I'm looking for the recommendations on what we'd typically call "the best long range wireless router". I'd be happy with the products that are available in India; but if a really cool suggestion comes up, I'm even willing to order it from anywhere in the world. After doing a bit of survey, I found out that Amped Wireless has some great models that offer an extra-large range. The (R10000G) looks promising; but I need some first-hand reviews.

Do you have any recommendations?

PS: By long range; I'm referring to a router than can send signal about 50 ft away with about 3 concrete walls in between.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    any router's nature has to endure this test for me to rate it the best

the power consumed for transmitting the data the least power consumed and the most efficient one is the best in my eyes big k
  • naveee
    naveee
    microwave based device... can be used for transmitting
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    Choose D-link DIR-655
    I own a D-Link DIR-655 router and I am across the street from my brother's house which is where I connected my D-Link DIR-655 router so it can transmit a signal to me. Where I am is located probably 150-200 feet away, i believe it is pretty far. I get up to 52 Mbps. The router is capable of 300 Mbps but it usually connects at 65 Mbps to 135 Mbps if you are near and if the correct setting are right.

Newegg has a great deal on D-Link DIR-655. I bought it there and have been very satisfied with that little white N Router. By the way, it is a b/g/n router.
    -A router fanatic(just like you..1 😀 )
    This is not a first hand review..! 😀 Courtesy-CNET reviews..!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I did check CNET reviews. Even AnandTech has some great reviews of the routers. My first priority is to find the best long range wireless router in India and then elsewhere. Any suggestions on that are welcome. Is DIR-655 available in Indian markets?
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    Yes i think it is available, though very expensive for a router..! 😀
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    check this out..!
  • Numaan Khan
    Numaan Khan
    Hi Kaustubh, I am Numaan Khan and i bought this gigabit dual band sr20000g amped router from amazon and it has quite an amazing range. I installed it in a 3 story building and i am able to use the wireless signal on the top floor. i hope it will help you. any further assistance call me. 9059746027
    here is the link of the amazon site:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-# . I already got an ASUS ac wireless router that does the job pretty well. If I ever upgrade the router, I'm going to try for Amped Wireless.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Patent Infringement against Samsung seems to be firm shot at Android. Using iOS & Android in smartphone, you will find almost everything similar. Same feelings you get while using Apple...
hello. i need to take feedback from a servo motor. it is not too large, (as big as my thumb). i want its information about its position and speed. if...
Hello friends I need urgent help for thoughtworks process
Samsung has finally announced the new Note II and calls it a big upgrade over the existing Note. While there are definitely new things to look forward to in the...
sir i want to construct a model of steering system who avoid accident n i want construct that design specially 4 middle class n i need ur help.my construction is...