Best configuration for my Desktop

Hello,

I am planing to update my desktop. As of now i have a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ processor with 2 GB ram. Kindly let me know the best available mther board , Processor and RAM for upgrade.....Also do let me know the best graphics card.

Price is a constraint.....Kindly let me know the best of the above said things > 22000.
My Monitor and Keyboard/Mouse are the latest...so kindly exclude them from the list.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to Gadgets & Software section.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# might be of help here.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    you need only cabinet+processor+hdd + RAM(no use of dvd rom, you can install os from a pen drive)
    I think you can go for Intel Core i5-2400 Processor 6M Cache 3.10 GHz (Rs11,750.00) Delhi price.
    in rest of them you can get best Intel motherboard in 5k, cabinet in 1.5k, RAM in 2k max and HDD in 3.5K for 1TB.๐Ÿ˜€.
    I suggest you to spend most of money on Intel motherboard and Processor only and then after think about other component.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    depends on what is the requirement. For what reason are you trying to upgrade vineeth? tell us so that we can suggest more accurately based on solely on your requirements. It is like asking to suggest a vehicle you want to buy without telling if it is going to be used for carrying goods or passenger ๐Ÿ˜›

my suggestion,
    *stick to your processor (going for higher models wont get you noticeable performance increase during normal usage)

*if your motherboard supports ddr3 ram then stick with it, if not get Asus P5G41T-M-LX3 for rs 2500 or get intel DG41WV for rs 400 extra (my recommendation- save money)

*get 2x2gb (enough) or 4x4gb(if you still need more) for rs 1500 and rs 2500 respectively. You will get Corsair xms3 rams for that price. Their support is great.

*graphics card need not be a very powerful one in this case. ATI 6450 would be decent enough for you. It would cost you around 2600. The card will play all current games at medium to high settings.

*you did not ask for this but am stating this; getting rid of the "free" psu that comes with the cabinet is very important. Get a 450w certified psu withing the range rs 1800-4200. Choose from Corsair, Cooler Master, Seasonic.

total cost: around rs 8500 - party with the saved amount ๐Ÿ˜›

If you really want to spend that 22k of yours and get a powerful rig, then here is what I suggest
    *From Intel:
    Processor: i5 2400 ~ 10500
    Motherboard: Intel DH67-BL ~ 5400
    Ram : Corsair XMS3 2X2gb 1600MHz -1500
    Graphics card:adjust your budget a bit and get ati 6670 for around 6000
    I strongly suggest buying a good, rated psu over and above this. make adjustments as possible.

*from AMD
    Processor:SIX FX 6 - 6100 for around Rs 8000 (3.3ghz six core processor)
    Motherboard: any AMD880G chipset based motherboard for around rs 5400
    Rest same as above.
    the 1st processor and motherboard cost have decreased by rs 2500 which can be used to buy the psu

#-Link-Snipped-#
    where do you get 1tb hard disks for 3.5k? Are you sure? Market prices are at 4900. I visited lamington road in mumbai yesterday and enquired the prices. The prices have never fallen to such a level in months!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1 TB HDD for 3.5k rupees? ๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    see this nehru place, Delhi price list #-Link-Snipped-#
    In HDD section : 2 TB SATA WD for INR.6000.
    buy only Western Digital HDD.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

which branch to choose: ece or cs, interested in microprocessor (design and programming), scared of repetetive jobs after 4 years
Name: Vineeth Vijayan *Engineering Trade: BE - EEE Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu *Occupation: Working in IT Work Experience: 3 Years *Hobbies & Interests: playing PC - First Person Shooter games...

hi

this is anju singh...
if a black body absorbs and emits all the electromagnetic radiation then what is the diff b/w a black body and a mirror(i think it also does the same).
Same as above. Hi. I just joined. ๐Ÿ˜€