CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Pankaj Chauhan • 08 Jul, 2015
i am a student of civil engg. i want to know the best book for preparing IES exam
@Pankaj Chauhan • 08 Jul, 2015 for 3rd sem
@DINESH C V • 08 Jul, 2015 • 1 like for IES, better buy objective book of made easy publications for ies.....u study the subjects as well as solve objective questions from that book that helps u lot.... if possible do conventional questions practice of ies.
@Ankita Katdare • 17 Jul, 2015 • 1 like @PANKAJ bhatar You can use the following books for IES ESE Civil Engineering prep:

1. Intermediate Structural Analysis: CK Wang
2. Reinforced Concrete : H.J Shah
3. Design of Steel Structures - Duggal S K
4. Engineering Hydrology - K. Subramanya
5. A Textbook of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics - R. K. Bansal
6. Irrigation Engineering and Hydraulic Structures - S.K Grag
7. Highways engineering: S K Khanna
8. Mechanics of Materials - Dr. B.C. Punmia, Ashok Kr. Jain
@Ankita Katdare • 29 Jan, 2016 • 1 like Here are some more books that can be very useful for solving papers for IES Civil Engineering preparation:
  • IES Civil Engineering Guide - G. K. Publications
  • IES Civil Engineering Chapterwise Solved Objective Papers - Arihant Publications
  • Civil Engineering Conventional Solved Paper – I Made Easy Publications
Subject wise IES Civil engineering preparation books:
  1. Strength of materials by B.C Punamia
  2. Structural analysis (single volume edition) by Devdas Menon
  3. Engineering Mechanics - Shames
  4. Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering - A Singh and K R Arora
  5. Concrete Technology - MS Shetty
  6. Steel Structure - L S Negi
  7. Fluid Mechanics - Modi & Seth
  8. Theory of Structure (Vol - II) - Vazirani and Ratwani
11k views

Related Posts

@yadavundertaker mohit · May 23, 2011

hi everyone i have cleared my NTPC written for the post of executive trainee. Mine interview and GD are on june 23rd 2011. So i want your help to prepare...
6.2k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Feb 6, 2014

CDAC conducts C-CAT (common admission test) all over India to select candidates for the post-graduate diploma courses. A lot of engineering graduates appear for the test. This article aims to...
29.5k views

@jaspal rautela · Jul 4, 2012

what is consumable and non-consumable electrode?? and where it is used??
29.9k views

@xeeshee · Sep 13, 2008

hi, I need you to plz give me final year project ideas related to Communication Systems, Networking, GSM, WiMAX, VoIP, 3G Technologies or Wireless Sensor Networks. Thanx in advance.
12.4k views

@Radhika Deshpande · Jul 24, 2015

A computer engineer by degree, this Indore girl has done it all. Right from working at various levels in the financial services sector, to donning the hat of leadership positions...
6.6k views