Best among these INTEL core i-7 or AMD APU'S

"Visibly Smart, Top-of-the-Line Performance for Your Most Demanding Tasks"

the tag line of core i-7 , which has gained die hard fans for itself well to beat its and to full fill the race AMD had released AMD Fusion which i think rather some of them didn't know about it, now to gain it's value again AMD released AMD APU( accelerated processing Unit).So which is the demanding one, which of them is most preferable for so called demanding tasks??

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Second gen versions tip off i 7 better use them as standard
  • Maneesh Vadlapatla
    Maneesh Vadlapatla
    What about the third generation,any major upgradation been done??
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Am yet to look into the features of 3rd gen pal so having little info
  • Maneesh Vadlapatla
    Maneesh Vadlapatla
    k.
    What do you think about the AMD Fusion.
  • SheldonCooper
    SheldonCooper
    Certainly i7. But if you want similar performance (I am not saying the same) with affordability then go to AMD. Much cheaper. Do normal man really need those? Also for so called "Most demanding tasks", other system resources should be of that level too. Just having Ferrari engine to a bullock cart or an auto rickshaw will not give the same performance. And now a days processing power is so high that for day to day uses even for Gamers, processor is not the bottleneck.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I recently build my PC with AMD FX-8150(with 8core/16mb cache) processor @11.7K.
    I choose this over intel i7-3770(@18K) because of price range and for parallel processing.
    If you are a hardcore gamer go with i7-3770 as it gives you better performance for per single core.
    See this comparison between#-Link-Snipped-#
    Definitely i7 has edge over FX8150 but, tests are done on individual run. What will be there if lots of programs are running together.
    In that case I think FX8150 is better, considering price/performance. 😀
  • Maneesh Vadlapatla
    Maneesh Vadlapatla
    What about the best gaming rig can be..??
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The one having high Graphic card and a minimum of 1.5 - 3 GHz will suffice
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Go for minimum #-Link-Snipped-# with some decent 1gb graphics card
  • Maneesh Vadlapatla
    Maneesh Vadlapatla
    I do have a core i-3 ,what about it??
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I3 had some issues but that itself supports a lot of high end gaming

The new second gen removed the flaws of the First gen to a greater extent
  • Maneesh Vadlapatla
    Maneesh Vadlapatla
    any issues in i3 540M First gen??
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am not that good an analyst said the GHz speed was less ( Never felt it personally though) and it was upgraded in the Second Gen
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Basically it don't depends only in frequency.It's said that first Gen i3 has dual core processor.
    Let's say you have 'x' processor with 2.3GHz which is dual core, while on other side you have 'y' processor with 1.9GHz which is quad core.
    You will notice that in benchmark y processor is better than x processor.

read this #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NAME:BHAWNA SINGH OCCUPATION:STUDENT DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER ENGG. IN CSE PERSUING B.TECH IN CSE HOBBIES &INTERESTS : PLAYING CHESS,DEVELOPE COMPUTER APPLICATIONS AIM : BE A PART IN MAKING INDIA AS A...
Hi All, What today we are in and what tomorrow we will face is becoming unpredictable day by day.Organizations/Public Places/Transport/Coastal areas/Borders are on high targets and radar for security challenges....
with increasing population of country. tuberculosis death rate is also increasing...what effect can be seen can due to this?
is the boiling point of water is always 100'c it does not affect by atmospheric condition?
There pressure and stress both have same unit N/m^2.then what is difference between them.?