bending test for hollow tubes..

how to calculate shear force and bending moment calculation for hollow pipe tube when it is used as simply supported beam...?

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i think it is the same as for the normal beams the only change must be the A.here we substitute A=pi*(d1^2-d2^2)/4

am i right :?:
  • vvishwaskumar
    vvishwaskumar
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i think it is the same as for the normal beams the only change must be the A.here we substitute A=pi*(d1^2-d2^2)/4

am i right :?:
    sorry i don't get your notation....
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    it was just the formula for a area of cross section of hollow cylinder.here area is:
    π (D^2 –d^2)

where D is the outer diameter
    and d is inner diameter.

are you getting what i am trying to tell..:?:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

SEMINAR TOPICS in Mechanical Engg Can anyone help me to find some seminar topics?? Send me some subjects or links .............................................
Hello All... Does anybody have noise detection algorithm which is written in matlab. or any link from where i can download.. reply me as soon as possible. kinchit@ymail.com
hello,i want to develop some extra preject in vb. i mean not related to the word management and all like hotel management,library management and all. please suggest something new and...
Here post about offcampus details, job fairs , before the interview 😛 , hence it will be useful to other ceans.. if possible post in this format,, Company Name :...
Trick 1: Useful for laptops where you don't have a button to power down your laptop screen unlike desktop monitors. 1) Download this small (69kb) program TurnOffLCD.exe. Run it when...