Being "selfish"- Good or Bad

Here's a very simple yet very rarely discussed debate topic: Is being "selfish"- Good or Bad? Share your opinions.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Depends on the context. Elaborate on the topic so that your thread generates more replies. 😀
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Being selfish is good, as far as it does not harm the other person in any way.
    Being selfish is good, being greedy is not.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Define what is selfish ?

Being selfish according to me is good.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If you mean I, Me, Myself - that is, this ego is all then it is bad.
    If you mean in the sense Baghawan Ramana Maharishi used the word 'I' then you are a realized soul.
    In a sense I have been selfish all my life, doing only what interested me. Though you cannot call it a success in the usual sense of that word.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    A friend of mine once told me, "You 'have' to be selfish for yourself. You can always do something or the else for others, but first you must do it for yourself." .
  • da_joker
    da_joker
    wen u are selfish is like considering the future...probably u might need d material in d future...left to me Being selfish is not bad to CRITICAL Tinkers...
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    In my opinion, Being Selfish is good as long as you don't harm anybody. Take an example of your future planning. You may like not tell anybody about you future planning because you are putting a lot of hard work in that, but doing such acts that others' efforts are disturbed is sinful.
  • robo_warrior
    robo_warrior
    a basic fundamental: HELP SOMEONE IF HE ASKS FOR OTHERWISE DON'T.
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    It really depends on what kind of situation you are facing??

Let us suppose that we are in a situation where a building is on fire.. If we be selfish, we'll somehow try to save our-self and run away. But is that right??? you no its not! because there is something called HUMANITY in every one of us. The person caught in fire may be unconscious, who cannot shout or ask for help. That doesn't mean, you cannot help him..

There are some situations where being selfish doesn't work out. So, according to me being selfish is BAD

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ICANN - the organization that is responsible for maintaining and regulating the top level domains (like .com, .net. , .org and so on) had invited applications for the new top...
Can you please suggest some electronics and communications engineering projects for final year? I need some original and creative project ideas.
i am a computer science undergraduate student at jimma university Ethiopia i want help from the community to be good programmar and also to be good in computer like technology
Myself Sudip, A Civil Engineer having a B.Tech degree from a Government Engineering Collage of West Bengal, India. Now working in a reputed MNC in the field of Marine design.
would anybody kindly help by providing a IS6996 part 1 . If anybody can , me will be highly oblized . This code is related to water reservour and dams....