Beauty vs Brain

here's a debatable topic again....well its a normal topic discussed most frequently...so y not start it up for CEans....

"BEAUTY vs BRAIN"

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nice start, Neha πŸ˜€

How about posting your views on the this debate topic? πŸ˜‰

-The Big K-
  • Neha
    Neha
    okay i start up....well i go wid beauty coz if u r beautiful world z wid u...u r the ruler of the world...this has been proved by our beutiful actress aishwarya rai...wat say???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I usually refrain from entering debates like this 😁

But I can't stop myself from posting Murphy's Law:

Beauty x Brain = Constant 😁

Say what? Any takers?

-The Big K-
  • Neha
    Neha
    yea i do agree wid that but if we take both separately then i think beauty surpasses brain...
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    No "K"

No "K"
    Its not always constant...
    and About Aishwarya....
    You have to have give excellent answers with brain to win the miss world contest...
    one can win the Contest with the excellent figure and Great brain....but can't with the dumbo (dull mind), but beauty..
    what you say...

Cheers😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    uh-oh !

My-Not-So-Important 0.02 dollars 😁

I'm of the opinion that 'Beauty Vs. Brain' is not a topic of debate. Are they anyway related? (open to debate)

You have to have give excellent answers with brain to win the miss world contest...
    Remember Priyanka Chopra (yet another Miss world from India?). When asked who was her favorite living legend, she said 'Mother Teresa' ! Mother Teresa had already expired a few years ago before the contest. She shamelessly went on saying that Mother Teresa is alive in our hearts! 😑 What a poor IQ !But surprize! Priyanka Chopra Wins!

about 'Beauty x Brain = Constant ' , that's Murphy's law. Not mine
    [​IMG]

Someone else can throw more light on this ( I lost my torch )

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K

I'm of the opinion that 'Beauty Vs. Brain' is not a topic of debate. Are they anyway related? (open to debate)

Remember Priyanka Chopra (yet another Miss world from India?). When asked who was her favorite living legend, she said 'Mother Teresa' ! Mother Teresa had already expired a few years ago before the contest. She shamelessly went on saying that Mother Teresa is alive in our hearts! 😑 What a poor IQ !But surprize! Priyanka Chopra Wins!

about 'Beauty x Brain = Constant ' , that's Murphy's law. Not mine
    [​IMG]

Someone else can throw more light on this ( I lost my torch )

-The Big K-
    Start a habit of reading the quote fully ...i did mention about asihwarya too.....No offence dear...
    I just wrote simply (No for that view...) imay be misinterpreated.. i am taking my words back...and agree with the Murphy's law.
    😁😁
    Cheers "K"
    About Priyanka Chopra....she gave one dumbo answer but you have to have agree that if she won she must have some brain .......because she won ...(Dude-- she gave answer that "she is alive in our hearts" Don't you think its good presence of mind...although not so good IQ.)
    Your Views are welcome...

Cheers
    --😁Crazy
  • Neha
    Neha
    well i wanna continue by adding Abdul j kalam...although he has brain but he got the value in last five years near about his forties or fifties but as far as aishwarya and priyanka are considered they became famous in about their twenties...so doesn't it a matter of brain??? πŸ˜•
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    APJ Kalam Vs Priyanka Chopra & Aishwarya ?

Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder. Now its unfair to judege people by their looks.

In my opinion, there cannot be comparison between a scientist and two girls who won beauty contests. I do not understand Neha's point. Neha would you clarify it a bit in more detail?

-The Big K-
  • AlameluKrishnan
    AlameluKrishnan
    Brain - It is

Imagine what will happen to Priyanka/Aishwarya after 10 years and what will NOT happen to Abdul Kalam even after 20 years. Hope you understand now which is better. And of course money is not everything in life.

Alamelu
  • rick
    rick
    I don't know who are you talking about. πŸ˜’

neha
    yea i do agree wid that but if we take both separately then i think beauty surpasses brain...
    No fights with you, neha. I do not agree with your points. 'Beauty surpasses Brain' is a bit misleading phrase. Beauty & Brain do not have a common ground for comparison. I'll say 'beauty' has its own importance but you need 'brain' to appreciate the beauty.

So, on your lines, brain surpasses beauty 😁

Beauty x Brain = Constant :grin:
    agree !😁

rick.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    rick
    I don't know who are you talking about. πŸ˜’

Dear rick ....Abdul kalam azad is India's presisdent and Both the other names are of Miss universe and miss world ...both from India.

shining India😁😁

--Crazy
  • iloveher
    iloveher
    hahhah...beauty v/s brain...

i think brain decides what beauty is....and beauty DOESN'T EVEN KNOW what THE BRAIN IS...

beauty is blind...it's only skin depth...YEAH it's important but...u know..

it's the heart which is more important...not the PERICARDIUM (a layer surrounding the heart )...

u should find PLEASURE IN FINDING THINGS OUT... and to do that u need A LUMP OF CELLS ,POWERFUL CELLS,CALLED BRAIN...

wait a sec...tell me what do u mean by BEAUTY???

as there are messages MENTIONING aishwarya and priyanka,i think u dont know what beauty is...OTHERWISE ur perception of beauty is NOT STRONG ENOUGH ...not even to start this thread...(or to end it )
  • aashima
    aashima
    brain ofcourse...

well the best ever combo iz "beauty wid brain" but we gotta chooz one outta these...then no doubt brain surpasses beauty....
    beauty is a temporary feature of yer personality...u have it today.....u mite not have it tomorrow....but the brain is there wid u till the end of time....one can create wonders with brain but wid beauty...therz hardly anything to list out...
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    aashima
    well the best ever combo iz "beauty wid brain" but we gotta chooz one outta these...then no doubt brain surpasses beauty....
    beauty is a temporary feature of yer personality...u have it today.....u mite not have it tomorrow....but the brain is there wid u till the end of time....one can create wonders with brain but wid beauty...therz hardly anything to list out...
    I fully agree with aashima.. but what if one develops a tumor in the brain?? πŸ˜‰ i m sorry m just kiddin! Well I m of the opinion that brains creat beauty!!(so i m definately for brains!) πŸ˜€ For eg we engineers!!! Wow look what all we have created... all functional and beautiful..

Actually the definition of beauty is not defined is it?? it can be anything.Remember a chapter called "My mother is the most beautiful woman in the world" (india-maharastra-mumbai-english medium-radiant reader chapter)
  • Thefutureishere
    Thefutureishere
    "The beaty of the mind or brain,the beaty of the heart is admired".
    A clay pot with water is more worthy than a golden pot without any thing in it..................
    So, my view is that we need to recognise the brains more than the beauties...
    Issac newton,Albert Enistien,C V Raman will be remember for ever because of the brains they had............
    Aishwarya would be forgotten after some decades
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    well we u have brains then u can earn lots of money then even if ur not beautiful u can make urself .... so its brains for me ...
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    ============================READ READ READ====================================

In my opinion, there cannot be comparison between a scientist and two girls who won beauty contests. I do not understand Neha's point. Neha would you clarify it a bit in more detail?
    By "K". I like what you said K.

and @'loveher', dude after reading that, I think I need a new brain!!!!

Ahem, Neha I want to ask this. Are you beautiful? or you want to be beautiful? Do you have so much brains that no one sees your beauty? Or you are so beautiful no one looks up at your face but .. ahem...

What was the reason you asked this kinda question. Dont tell me its just a topic you thought of. If you like answer it in person πŸ˜€

And in the end, WHAT? about beauty OR brain? Which gives more success? More happiness? Which gives more money? Answers. Success is a personal definition, different for everyone. Happiness is within us, even if you have everything you might not be happy. And Money? Ugly people also make a lot of it too you know (That is if you can define ugly).

So can I ask apple or orange? wool or cotton? Moon or Sun? Papa or mummy?

====================================READ READ READ===================================
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    xheavenlyx
    And in the end, WHAT? about beauty OR brain? Which gives more success? More happiness? Which gives more money? Answers. Success is a personal definition, different for everyone. Happiness is within us, even if you have everything you might not be happy. And Money? Ugly people also make a lot of it too you know (That is if you can define ugly).

So can I ask apple or orange?

Orange 😁 *ahem* I guess the "Beauty vs Brain" debate needs to be put in context somehow. In Hollywood, beauty is a greater factor for success; whereas in academics, businesses etc having that grey matter in your skull does help more πŸ˜‰
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819
    wt i feel is ......brain really takes an edge over beauty.......
    u may get impressed by watching a person's beauty....bt dat impression will end vry soon....wen u cme to knw dat the person has no brains......on the other hand wen a person is having brain....ya it may take a long time to be impressed from that person....but atleast that impreaaion will last vry long!!!!!
    wat say?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Yea exactly, should be in context.

And by the way, can I ask apple or orange was a rhetorical question. Dont answer it πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    xheavenlyx
    And by the way, can I ask apple or orange was a rhetorical question. Dont answer it πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›
    Haha.. just playing around πŸ˜‰
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Why are we discussing these things over such a shorter span? Think about both these terms "beauty" and "brain" in real life. Thats the only way you can come with a true decision. Forget the Priyanka Chopra's and Aishwarya Rai's (for a moment atleast).

Now, lets assume ... that you have to choose a life partner ... would that person rather be beautiful or be intelligent. Do not forget, that you have to stick to this person for your life. In the long run, beauty (the surface kind, not the inner one) fades out as one ages ... intelligence ... it goes on. Would you rather life your life with a dumb bimbo or an intelligent wife? Now imagine you and your significant other at the merry old age of 70 odd ... where you cant run around trees making merry (to put it euphemistically). Now hadnt it been great if your better half were smart and witty enough to carry a good conversation rather than being a worn-out piece of eye-candy??

Give me the smart woman any time πŸ˜€!!
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    kidakaka
    Why are we discussing these things over such a shorter span? Think about both these terms "beauty" and "brain" in real life. Thats the only way you can come with a true decision. Forget the Priyanka Chopra's and Aishwarya Rai's (for a moment atleast).

Now, lets assume ... that you have to choose a life partner ... would that person rather be beautiful or be intelligent. Do not forget, that you have to stick to this person for your life. In the long run, beauty (the surface kind, not the inner one) fades out as one ages ... intelligence ... it goes on. Would you rather life your life with a dumb bimbo or an intelligent wife? Now imagine you and your significant other at the merry old age of 70 odd ... where you cant run around trees making merry (to put it euphemistically). Now hadnt it been great if your better half were smart and witty enough to carry a good conversation rather than being a worn-out piece of eye-candy??

Lol, cracked me up! So true. Beauty in eye of the beholder. Or Beholdee. Sometimes sensuality goes way ahead then physical beauty, and many other "non-obvious" things. The def of Beauty is something no one can pinpoint.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka

Valid point, sire! I agree with you πŸ˜€
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    brain is the most important thing now a days..we can have beauty by paying money for plastic surgery..so to have money we must have brain..ha ha ha..
  • technospartan
    technospartan
    I go with beauty.but with beauty of heart not the external beauty that we have with our movie stars (of course that also counts).
  • DEP
    DEP
    Re: uh-oh !

Remember Priyanka Chopra (yet another Miss world from India?). When asked who was her favorite living legend, she said 'Mother Teresa' !

wow---wow---wow

i got really very late in reading this.
    biggie i did watch the live telecast of miss world pageant in the year priyanka chopra was crowned.
    the question she was asked "who is your favourite female LEGEND?" and not living legend and she did give a beautiful answer. She was crowned not because of her perfect figure but because of her perfect answer.

beauty vs brain--------- BRAIN is the winner anyday anytime.
  • DEP
    DEP

The_Big_K

Remember Priyanka Chopra (yet another Miss world from India?). When asked who was her favorite living legend, she said 'Mother Teresa' !

-The Big K-
    wow---wow---wow

biggie i did watch the live telecast of miss world pageant in the year priyanka chopra was crowned.
    the question she was asked "who is your favourite female LEGEND?" and not living legend and she did give a beautiful answer. She was crowned not because of her perfect figure but because of her perfect answer.

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    This debate is rather odd according to me. In the entertainment industry like movies you need to look beautiful as you are always in the page 3 , always in the eyes of the public. But brain is different, you talk about Abdul Kalam, tell me will Aishwarya Rai ever have that status beauty or no beauty that she will become President of India. Was it beauty that made Alexander, Ghenghis Khan etc the Generals that they were. Talking of beauty contests, there also you need to have a level of IQ to compete in the later stages. Consider a scenario, A very beautiful girl with 10/10 figure, walking towards you, you get excited, you approach her with a beating heart, talk to her for five minutes, she has no wit, low IQ and can not pursue intelligent conversations that stimulate your mind, a big turn off, you run out of ther like hell. Therefore both needed and cannot be compared, but when separated brain rules as it is with you for life, beauty remains with a lucky few forever.
  • vivekji
    vivekji
    Well to be honest,

Beauty is only skin deep,
    Beautiful people are often people who think too little, feel too much

to be more explicit
    Beauty often begets danger,
    The more beautiful you are the more you worry about it,
    hence we find scarce time to think
  • vivekji
    vivekji
    raj87verma88
    This debate is rather odd according to me. In the entertainment industry like movies you need to look beautiful as you are always in the page 3 , always in the eyes of the public. But brain is different, you talk about Abdul Kalam, tell me will Aishwarya Rai ever have that status beauty or no beauty that she will become President of India. Was it beauty that made Alexander, Ghenghis Khan etc the Generals that they were. Talking of beauty contests, there also you need to have a level of IQ to compete in the later stages. Consider a scenario, A very beautiful girl with 10/10 figure, walking towards you, you get excited, you approach her with a beating heart, talk to her for five minutes, she has no wit, low IQ and can not pursue intelligent conversations that stimulate your mind, a big turn off, you run out of ther like hell. Therefore both needed and cannot be compared, but when separated brain rules as it is with you for life, beauty remains with a lucky few forever.
    Well my dear friend, execptions are not examples.
  • vivekji
    vivekji

DEP
    wow---wow---wow

let us stop worrying about beauties, and start working to make this world a beautiful place to live in
  • DEP
    DEP

The_Big_K

-The Big K-

hey biggie,
    i think i got too late to be a part of this really interesting discussion.

with all due respect to your opinion there is something i would like to add here.. I watched the live telecast of miss world pagent being talked about. the question that priyanka chopra was asked was "Who is your favorite lady legend ?" there wasnt even the mention of the word "living"...

she was stupid. she answered the question beautifully and thus won the title.. it was the beauty of her brain that made it possible for her.

beauty vs brain...... brain is the winner any day any time.
  • vivekji
    vivekji

Well my dear friend, Priyanka or Preethi Zintha, they are just actress, Aishwaraya rai may be beautiful, but she is also an actress.
    C.V. raman proved to the world what indian scientists are capable of,

But i never see C.V. Raman or other scientists picture than i see Ash's picture in todays news papers and in other places.

I'll Never forget this
    "These days Actors and actress proclaim them as artists, i have never seen an Artist exposing the divine parts, which god gave to feed their children & Give life for money and create a world on their own, deceiving the stupid multitudes"
    Swami Tatbonanda
    πŸ˜’πŸ˜:smile:
    DEP
    hey biggie,
    i think i got too late to be a part of this really interesting discussion.

with all due respect to your opinion there is something i would like to add here.. I watched the live telecast of miss world pagent being talked about. the question that priyanka chopra was asked was "Who is your favorite lady legend ?" there wasnt even the mention of the word "living"...

she was stupid. she answered the question beautifully and thus won the title.. it was the beauty of her brain that made it possible for her.

beauty vs brain...... brain is the winner any day any time.
  • vivekji
    vivekji
    Well my dear friend, Priyanka or Preethi Zintha, they are just actress, Aishwaraya rai may be beautiful, but she is also an actress.
    C.V. raman proved to the world what indian scientists are capable of,

But i never see C.V. Raman or other scientists picture than i see Ash's picture in todays news papers and in other places.

I'll Never forget this
    "These days Actors and actress proclaim them as artists, i have never seen an Artist exposing the divine parts, which god gave to feed their children & Give life for money and create a world on their own, deceiving the stupid multitudes"
    Swami Tatbonanda

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans! πŸ˜€ I'm glad to announce that CE forums will undergo changes in next few days. I'd like to know your opinion about proposed changes. 1. Bring everything to...
hi everyonei m new among you ,can any one please help me ..giving some advice that may be useful for me during my summer vaccations .. shall i do training...
Guys! 😁 Type www.CrazyEngineers.com in your browser and visit the newly launched CrazyEngineers portal ! 😁 Alternatively, if you are logged in, you can click on CE-Portal link in the...
Guys! Our fellow CEan - Anshul has developed a Laptop Holder (See the attached Pics). Let's discuss his product in this thread. Do pour in your feedback/comments/suggestions anything! πŸ˜€ -About...
Some Questions from TCS Hi everyone Can anyone answer the simple questions.These are the questions i found in last year TCS question papers. 1.A car is filled with four and...