Beats Audio Technology - What Is It Anyway?

I've been hearing the 'Beats Audio' thingy quite a lot of times these days. It looks like the company promises to offer high quality sound in computers and mobiles. The latest HP specter 14 has been launched in India with the beats audio and I want to know whether anyone's had an opportunity to experience the technology?

Is it really worth investing all the money in it? I mean, is the sound 'really really good'?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Check this out #-Link-Snipped-#: #-Link-Snipped-#
    An excerpt from that page:
    Undoubtedly, everybody who is reading this at some point has heard of Beats Audio or Beats by Dre headphones. The brand of course started as headphones, and then added Beats Audio that could be found in certain HP laptops and desktops, and more recently the Beats Audio “technology” has been added to the HP tablet and will be included in upcoming HTC mobile phone handsets. But the question is, besides a bunch of hype and a red “b” sticker, what (if anything) is Beats Audio?
    This seems to be cool! And, feels like by any chance, is it a product of HP? 😛
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah. Beats Audio Technology is being implemented in HP laptops and tablets too.
    Here's a video from HP that promotes it's Beat audio system -

For those who don't want to go through the video, HP Says it has -
    Redesigned Headphone Jack (reducing ground noise)
    Discrete Headphone Amp (Better stereo separation)
    Dedicated Audio Island (isolating the audio components on the circuit board -> minimizing digital interference)

I did a quick search and found that the reviews are average. Nobody seems to have experiences really get performance.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What I understand about wind curtailment is that the wind turbine is being shut down when the wind speed/power exceeds. I am doing simulation for unit commitment problem by using...
In cars with rear wheel drive, and where the engine is located exactly above the rear axle and thus eliminating the need for a propeller shaft, how is the gearbox...
can anyone tell me that what does mean by composite suspension?
From experience, I know that there are several engineers who are stuck up in the jobs they don't like. If they had a chance, they'd run away the next moment...
Absolute Zero's guide on how to know when it's perfect time to upgrade your computer. Follow it -