CrazyEngineers
  • blitz_mohit
    blitz_mohit

MemberMay 20, 2010

beaming of gsm signals

Hello everyone i am from the computer trade and need some help with running broadand at my place.

Well i need to construct a device which recieves a particular signal and then beams it(i think its called a repeater) for GSM signals.

Actually I dont recieve the signal of the wireless broadband at my place.So i took the dish that comes with DTH and fixed 3 cell phone antennas on it and took the output to a normal telephone copper wire.Now i know i have the signals of the broadband(checked by soldering this wire to a old phones antenna which shows full signal) but want a device that could beam that signal inside of my home..
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • senthamil_arasu

MemberMay 23, 2010

have a coaxial cable from the antenna and connect it to a dipole inside your home .. that is enough for coupling ..
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • blitz_mohit

MemberMay 24, 2010

senthamil_arasu
    have a coaxial cable from the antenna and connect it to a dipole inside your home .. that is enough for coupling ..
    thanks for the reply..connect it to a dipole as in a dipole antenna..? so isnt that a reciever component not a tranmitter..??
    Cancel
  • senthamil_arasu

MemberMay 24, 2010

ok . let me make it clear . u dont have good signal inside ur home .. but its good on the roof . so for gsm signal the critical frequency is 900mhz . so u can have two dipole of lambda/2 length . one in the roof and another in ur room. connected by a coaxial cable ... this will produce a good coupling of signal inside and out of the house.both the antenna acts as both transmitter and receiver.
    Cancel
  • blitz_mohit

MemberMay 24, 2010

senthamil_arasu
    ok . let me make it clear . u dont have good signal inside ur home .. but its good on the roof . so for gsm signal the critical frequency is 900mhz . so u can have two dipole of lambda/2 length . one in the roof and another in ur room. connected by a coaxial cable ... this will produce a good coupling of signal inside and out of the house.both the antenna acts as both transmitter and receiver.
    Nope buddy its nt good on the roof too.But i have put up a dish(with cellphone antenna attached to it) for this purpose which does get the signal.i want that signal comin from the dish to be beamed inside my home..
    Cancel
  • senthamil_arasu

MemberMay 24, 2010

okie .. have the same procedure for that too. have a dipole of desired length , connect it to the antenna u have made on the roof , place it inside home . that will do the coupling
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register