Beam Robots

i am planning to build a BEAM ROBOT.which embedded system to start with for the hardware??????? i'd be gratefull if details about the components for the robot is given.............😁

Replies

• docel
    docel
    BEAM Robotics DOES NOT need embedded systems...........
    They are built with the craziest components on earth- and a bare minimum of them, too!
  • hinduja.prasad
    hinduja.prasad
    like wat sort of components?? could i find them in other machines or should i buy them seperately
  • docel
    docel
    Well, the standard BEAM Robot is made up of a solarcell, 2 transistors and a motor. Majority of them are made using 2 photo-sensors, 2 motors and 1to 4 numbers of 74XX14, 74xx240 digital gate ICs.
    Wonder where you heard about BEAM? There will always be an explanation about it.

#-Link-Snipped-#[​IMG]

BEAM stands for Biology, Electronics, Aesthetics, and Mechanics. BEAM uses simple techniques and always uses components NOT meant for the specific purpose. I used audio amplifiers from a taperecorder to drive the Robots, when I was a kid, for example.
    The technique used for BEAM is Nervous Networks and is patented by Mark Tilden. The BEAM Robots mimic and look like insects. They are fabricated using funny techniques like 'free form' where all the components are connected to each other without any PCBs.

BEAM circuits look deceptively simple, but it is not simple to make them work. It needs a good understanding of Electricity and Electronic components. If not, the making of a BEAM bot will teach you these things, anyways, by the time they work !

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

wat is it all about the open source code application for android??????? wat r it's features?????
CEans, As you all know, CE will celebrate its 3[sup]rd[/sup] Birthday tomorrow and it needs time off to get ready for a new start 😀 ! CE will go offline...
Was going through TimesOf India where I came across interesting article. Not sure how true it it.. the articles goes like "Indiatimes Infotech All those Gmail fans out there, here's...
Mind you, the jokes in this thread must be :- ORIGINAL RIDICULOUS Here's one from me, to get started :- Q. Why can't computer engineers keep their fingers crossed? ....
Two boys from Vasai near Mumbai, not even engineers, have achieved a feat that should inspire a million like us on any day. They created a small (one seat) car...