battery charging calculations

sir,
tell me how to calculate charging time required for a any battery (i.e for example to increase soc of battery from 0.5 to 0.8) which a charged by an alternator running at particular fixed rpm and giving specific out put at that rpm,
pl give some sample calculation for it if available or suggest any book or other way from where i can get it

Replies

• raithrovers1
    raithrovers1
    All batteries have different ampere hour ratings which in turn mean they have different charging times. Also the discharging and charging of a battery is not linear. Therefore it makes your question extremely difficult to answer. Also, it does not matter what the rpm of the alternator is, what you need to know is how much current it can supply to the battery as well as all the other auxiliary ciruits in the car e.g lights, radio etc.
    Your best idea is to get the manufacturer's data sheet for a specific battery. It will give you a charge curve and how long it will take to charge a battery to it's full state of charge at a specific current.
    Unfortunately, I fear there is no easy answer for you.
  • vickydesale
    vickydesale
    than u very much for yr suggestions
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    vickydesale
    than u very much for yr suggestions
    Please dont use sms terms in CE...kindly abide to the Rules in forum,

Thanks,
    J2R

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Friends, I read a few threads about choosing between MBA and MS. I was partially inclined to do MS but now i am sure about doing it😁 All Hail...
Hi all, I need to use an accelerometer for a project. Problem is, I cant find an accelerometer in any of the local electronics shops. Where can I get a...
I want to know about the hacking mechanism. And i have heard one type of hacking. In that method there are three stages. First is to hack Traffic control,then to...
i need ebook of the following advanced electronic communication systems by wayion thomasi microprocessor and interfacing by a.k.ray computer system architeture by morris mano😕
I want to know about the combined transmission of electric motor & ic engine in a hybrid car. Help me.