Bats are super immune, harbour deadly viruses like Ebola safely

Bats are the only mammals that fly. They fly long distances. They do not have feathers and must have had a quite a bit of learning before achieving flight. There seems to be a positive side to this. Bats also harbour deadly viruses like Ebolo without harm.
Their super mammalian skills seem to have given them super immunity too.

Did learning to fly give bats super-immunity?
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    I wana to add something more sir. "Bats are blinds" it is a Myth .Bats are not blind. Like many animals, they are born blind, but gain eyesight from the time they are seven to nine days old.bats using Sonar technique for hunting and navigation while flying.This is how the bat’s sonar system works. As the bat flies, it emits a high, squeaking sound, unable to be heard by human ears. As the sound travels outward, it hits objects and bounces back. These sound waves tell the bat where objects are so they can be avoided. This method of locating objects is called echolocation. Bats fly safely at night by using their ears, not their eyes.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Scorpion007
    This method of locating objects is called echolocation. Bats fly safely at night by using their ears, not their eyes.
    Unfortunately thin long wires apparently do not show up on the bat's radar. Poor things get electrocuted. Seen quite a few dead that way.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Founder of PepperSquare, Muki delivered a wonderful speech on entrepreneurship, which I believe is a must listen for every entrepreneur and wannapreneur. It's full of general stuff so even if...
can anyone tell me ebook download links of books for gate 2013 CS ??
i taught of doing hho(hydroxy) engine generator as my project! please suggest me, is it good or i should think better from that thanks in advance
My friend KGR Doss put this up: Trivia - Trains and Toilets Always Speak up Okhil Babu's letter to the Railway Department(early 1900s - Imagine a Bangla accent)​​“I am arrive...
hi, I would like to know if we can encrypt our messages before sending them via email etc. Is there any software/ programming technique that can help me encrypting my...