Basics Of Stock Markets - Special Course In Finance For YOU!

CEans,

I'm happy to announce that CrazyEngineers has partnered with EduPristine: Classroom and Online Training for Certificationsto offer a course in Basics of Stock Markets. Finance is a topic that affects our lives and I need not tell you how important it is to have right financial education in order to achieve your dreams. Check out following message from our CEans Kidakaka below:-

Basics-Of-Stock-Market-Pristine
A lot of us have dreamt about the high flying life-styles of investment bankers and traders. People like Gordon Gecko in the รข€˜90s hit, Wall Street inspire us to live a fast-paced life where the fates of companies lie in the hands of the few and is decided over late night telephone calls and Sunday brunches.

For the more grounded of us, who see past all the glamour and glitz of trading, there are icons like Warren Buffet and Benjamin Graham who urge us to invest a bit smartly and think in the longer term. Somewhere between the fast paced life of trading and the keen life of smart investing, we lie. Generally confused and relying on tips from friends, or even worse, not willing to invest and storing our money in a bank account.

As a fellow engineer, and someone whose family had no relation whatsoever to finance, I (CEan: Kidakaka) have always found it difficult to understand how and where to begin. What should I do? What is the difference between investing and trading? What do I need to do both? How do I open a de-mat account? These were some of the questions which plagued me at the start, I had to grapple through all these questions on my own.

Fortunately for you, here is a program that aims to empower you with the knowledge of the markets and hopefully make some money in the process.

CrazyEngineers has partnered with Pristine to launch a program รข€“ Basics of Stock Markets for CEans. It aims to build your working knowledge about trading, about the market from ground up. Not just with theory, but also with practiceable tools (some of them are opensource and free to use), actionable tips and some pretty cool strategies that can be employed to make money off the markets.

Please direct any questions you have about the course to me (Kidakaka).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Important Links: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

We'll soon share more information. Feel free to ask your questions in this discussion thread. [โ€‹IMG]

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @kidakaka: What are the basic qualifications/skills/knowledge required to enroll for this course?

Is there some sort of 'prior knowledge' that would be nice to have so that one gets maximum understanding from this Stock Market course?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I am in too... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    AbraKaDabra
    @kidakaka: What are the basic qualifications/skills/knowledge required to enroll for this course?

Is there some sort of 'prior knowledge' that would be nice to have so that one gets maximum understanding from this Stock Market course?
    Hi AbraKaDabra

Basic Qualifications required - working knowledge of Excel
    Some comfort in quants.

That's pretty much it.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    praveenscience
    I am in too... ๐Ÿ˜€
    Glad to have you on board Praveen ๐Ÿ˜€
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    thats cool ๐Ÿ˜€ thanks CE and kidakaka ๐Ÿ˜ and biggie for taking the initiative ๐Ÿ˜€ i'm waiting for it to start ๐Ÿ˜€
    kidakaka
    Hi AbraKaDabra

Some comfort in quants.

That's pretty much it.
    Quants as in???
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    praveenscience
    Quants as in???
    It seems my doubt is taken! Please elaborate. I wish to learn it too ๐Ÿ˜€
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Do accountants study this too???
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    kidakaka
    Some comfort in quants.
    thats it?! super! i'm in too ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks guys for starting it ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ‘
  • Upendra K. Singh
    Upendra K. Singh
    @All :No prior knowledge as such is required,having basic understanding in quants is more than enough.Trading attracts people who love puzzles and brainteasers.
    Having no knowledge or skills in stock market would be an edge as filling an empty glass is easier than a filled one.Since whole market is flooded with misleading information that ultimately wipe out uninformed traders account and throw them out of the market so one has to unlearn what he has already learned.Those who aspires to be a professional trader must learn all fundamental and intrinsic principles and most importantly stick to those principles.It is very important to have complete faith in skills and keep honing them.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    praveenscience
    Quants as in???
    Quants as in Quantitative skills, as in mathematical knowledge. Basics of statistics (what we used to be taught in the 10th standard).
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Dear All,

I would like to introduce Upendra to CE.

Upendra is part of the Pristine team and is going to be one of the instructors in this course.

Upendra has done his B. Tech and M. Tech in Mining Engineering from IIT Kgp. He has been trading in the stock markets for the past two years, and is of the firm belief that given a framework and a scientific approach, anyone can make money in the stock markets.

When he is not teaching or on the markets, he is an avid sports person and was IIT KGP's hockey team captain.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    I am in too ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Folks, I've updated the first post with links. Please take a look at it once again -> #-Link-Snipped-#
    The_Big_K
    Folks, I've updated the first post with links. Please take a look at it once again -> #-Link-Snipped-#
    The course highlights is awesome!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Thanks Praveen!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Kidakaka : The Webminar -> #-Link-Snipped-# is free, right?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    The_Big_K
    Kidakaka : The Webminar -> #-Link-Snipped-# is free, right?
    Yes Biggie,

The webinar is completely free. Any interested people can just click on the link provided by Biggie and register themselves for the webinar.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Count me in as well...
    I have registered in it! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    I've registered too ๐Ÿ‘
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @Praveen and Madhu: Where we have to register? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have registered too. ๐Ÿ‘
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    ishutopre
    @Praveen and Madhu: Where we have to register? ๐Ÿ˜€
    Just open the link, which is shared. Give your email id and personal information. You will be getting a confirmation mail with a unique link for you! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Thanks AKD and Praveen. I registered too. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    This is nice. Lot of people have registered. The response is good. I'll try to join as well. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've updated the notice and the introductory post with the link to registration. I request CEans to register for this ABSOLUTELY FREE WEBMINAR RIGHT NOW! Proceed Here: -> #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Great Initiative CEan.๐Ÿ‘
    Done my part by registering.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Reya
    Reya
    I have registered too ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Thanks folks.

Do ping me for any doubts and clarifications, if required!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ALL CEans who have registered:

The webinar is today at 6:00 pm. We can put live updates about the webinar here.
    Join me in the activity! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I have downloaded "Go to webinar link" . Anything more?/
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    10 mintues to go for the webinar. This is my first webinar.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    OK for everyone: Can you all see a window saying *Waiting for organiser* ? If not download the link. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Now listening to : earning money from candlesticks.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Mr. Vivek Bakshi answering questions.

Q. What is the minimum amount with which one should start trading?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Q. From where can I see candlestick charts of different companies?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Q. How to set the targets? - Question by Jacob.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Briefing about CCI and MACD.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    News is important apart from analysis: Says Vivek Bakhshi. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The webinar is getting extended due to multiple questions coming up, but they are concluding it up now.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    For any queries regarding session and questions, contact: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Ph.No:9920275533
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Lots of technical jargons. Looking forward to getting the presentation and recording link in the mail. ๐Ÿ‘

End of webinar.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Not now, note a little more addresses. ๐Ÿ˜€
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    website: EduPristine: Classroom and Online Training for Certifications and ph.no: 91 989 298 0608. Hope I am not spamming. ๐Ÿ˜€

P.S: Did you hear my name?? Just kidding. ๐Ÿ˜ Good session. good experience. ๐Ÿ‘
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    They are going to send video lecture in email address. So chill out those who missed it. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    The webinar was good. Though, I didn't understand much of what was told.

Perhaps, I need to start from even more basic things, I think..

Still, I at least got to know a lot of jargon.. I can at least talk about trading now ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›
    Hey CEans, I missed it... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    People when is the next one? I am waiting eagerly. ๐Ÿ˜›

@Praveen: Do not worry, they are going to send video through email. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Watch Mobile Future's animation, "Spectrum: Fueling the Mobile Future," which explores the staggering growth in consumer mobile usage and the need to balance the nation's airwaves to meet exploding consumer...
Motion planning for dynamic folding of cloth hands with two high speed robot hands and 2 high speed sliders. - University of Tokyo [video=youtube;Ky8eP6i1RPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky8eP6i1RPM[/video]
Now you can submit your outstanding, dazzling, hilarious or thought-provoking short film. JUST ONE REQUIREMENT: Please feature a robot as one of the main characters as or framing devices of...
Let's compile a list of the 10 most nice-to-have PHP projects. We have the best brains in programming that don't have the ideas to for projects. Tickle your brains and...
plese friends gvie me some ideas regording to ,how to found the brack off railway tarcks.............