Basic Zoom In Effect for Images using jQuery!

CEan #-Link-Snipped-# asked how can we make images zoom in after a click. We can use .animate() function and change the properties of an image. Lets have a container and place all the images.
​
[img]https://lorempixel.com/640/480/nightlife/1/[/img] [img]https://lorempixel.com/640/480/nightlife/2/[/img]
​
And now, lets define a thumbnail size of the images. The original size is 640px x 480px. Lets take the half of it. So, we will keep it as 320px x 240px. We need to define that in the style as:
​.zoom img {
    width: 320px;
    height: 240px;
}​
Now comes the JavaScript part! 😀 We bind the click function of the image to animate its CSS Width and Height properties. That can be done by:
​$(".zoom img")​.click(function(){
    $(this).animate({
        width: '640px',
        height: '480px'
    }, 1000);
});​
Now, you can see the live demo here: Edit fiddle - JSFiddle - Code Playground

If #-Link-Snipped-# was asking about having a set of images and upon clicking on it, making them show in a modal window, then dude, you are asking how to make something like a Lightbox2! 😀 Check it out too! Try this out and let me know your comments.

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Thank you praveen for such a quick response

Actually I was looking for something like this

#-Link-Snipped-#

on product image, this is one of my project and i want zoom plugin to work only on click
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    goyal420
    Thank you praveen for such a quick response

Actually I was looking for something like this

#-Link-Snipped-#

on product image, this is one of my project and i want zoom plugin to work only on click
    You mentioned that it shouldn't come on hover right?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    In case, you wanna build something like that, it is kind of Image Preview on Hover. You can see a detailed tutorial on how to do that here: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

most of the chemical engineering student in nigeria tend to to dive into the petroleum sector after graduating is there any sector a chemical engineer can work apart from the...
i am recently working on seminar "finite element analysis of gear" and project "dynamic analysis of helical gear by photoelasticity". if any one have any information please share with me.i...
class box { int height; int width; int length; box(int h=0, int w=0, int l=0) { height=h; width=w; length=l; } int vol() { return height*width*length; } } public class consdemo...
How noise can be converted into electrical energy??
Real time project ideas based on power electronics??EEE projects??