basic software devolopment

I am very interested in developing software. I read the deitel book on C programming.
Book explained a lot on coding.
Now I want to learn how to develop a proper interactive software i.e myob, skype, media player.
what should I do next.Is there a way to acquire knowledge fast on programming?
thank you for your time.

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Hey go for Visual Basic 2008 for Dummies! Its an awesome book you can follow for Win32 applications with a great user interface.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    If you want to develop a proper software then you have to study software engineering. Software is not just coding, coding is only a small part of any software. You have to consider a lot of other factors too. My recommendation, read software engineering by Ian Somerville.
    Dude, why are you going to advanced stuffs? Let him learn some basic tutorials dealing with user interfaces and work on it na?
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Now that you have learnt C program, I recommend you go for Windows API programming using C. It is not very difficult but you will have to write a lot of code if you want to create software like media players, skype ...

I recommend you get started with Windows API or GTK+, so that you are clear with basics. This will prepare you for future programming. A lot of people will recommend .NET or JAVA, but in my opinion these technologies don't teach you "real programming" but they teach you how to reuse what has already been coded.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    @praveen: I was just telling him to prepare for a proper software....😀
    nicepeeyush
    @praveen: I was just telling him to prepare for a proper software....😀
    I guess preparation of what you said was not needed at this moment, for him... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

C++ pointers are the address variables that are used to access some memory location. Declaration: int *p; Here 'p' is an identifier that is used to store some address. The...
This page made to add a new ideas in any specialization in the life or the science , and to add solutions for problems , personal experiences in your personal...
Plz provide me any seminar topic IEEE standard on any CSE Topic ! Thanks!!!
Apple recently launched iPad 2 on March 2. One of the most remarkable features in iPad 2 is presence of Full HD 1080p video recording through rear camera. It also...
now a days carburretors are not used in the vehicle and i jst want to know that which unit used in place of carburretors and how does it functions..??