Basic requirements for a camera

hello friends,i want to buy a camera for home basic use like in functions parties etc.but i do not know the basic qualities which are essential for a camera i just a know a thing thats is it should capture the clear image.so is there anybody who can tell me what features should i check for a basic home used camera with great picture quality.
one more thing is that can we capture the same image quality by both phone and a camera.because i still used phones which cameras are rates in megapixels and i also assume that the same megapixel qualities phones should also have a different image qualities.so i tatally confused to choose a camera and a phone with great megapixel qualities.so guys pls help me to choose the one of these and one more thing also tell the features a camera should have in low buget for home use only.pls reply with a detailed answer of my question.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Individual cameras are always better than phone cameras because of variety of features and options to get the perfect picture whether it may be a family function or a picnic photoshoot, Cameras are far better than phones.The important point to know is that you had said that you have limit in your budget to buy it . So you cannot buy a smartphone with more than 12MP at low cost but you can opt for a better powered camera at a price between RS.5000-RS.10,000.Point and shoot cameras are better to suit your requirements. I suggest you to go for Sony cybershot or Nikon or Canon. Check the following link to know more:
    Cameras - Buy Cameras Online at Best Prices in India
  • lal
    lal
    The biggest advantage of a stand alone camera when compared to a cell phone camera is the bigger sensor that is equipped in it. Though it won't give super awesome image quality like a DSLR camera, the point and shoot camera will take better pictures than the cellphone.

You might later want to experiment with advanced exposure settings and manually change them once you get used to the camera. Hence I would recommend to buy a camera with the ability to set exposure settings manually but not a fully automatic piece. Again, since point and shoot cameras don't have the ability to interchange lenses, it would be a nice idea to choose megazoom camera. Megazoom cameras are essentialy those cameras which have a high zooming factor like 12x.

This is what I recommend - a megazoom camera with manual exposure settings.

Choise is completely yours. Don't ask for specific brands. All brands make very awesome cameras. No one is better.
  • lal
    lal
    The biggest advantage of a stand alone camera when compared to a cell phone camera is the bigger sensor that is equipped in it. Though it won't give super awesome image quality like a DSLR camera, the point and shoot camera will take better pictures than the cellphone.

You might later want to experiment with advanced exposure settings and manually change them once you get used to the camera. Hence I would recommend to buy a camera with the ability to set exposure settings manually but not a fully automatic piece. Again, since point and shoot cameras don't have the ability to interchange lenses, it would be a nice idea to choose megazoom camera. Megazoom cameras are essentialy those cameras which have a high zooming factor like 12x.

This is what I recommend - a megazoom camera with manual exposure settings.

Choise is completely yours. Don't ask for specific brands. All brands make very awesome cameras. No one is better.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    You are going to use for personal and family stuffs/
    What is your max budget. Tell us then we can recommend you which one to go.

For general stuffs a zoom of 10x would be preferred but here is a camera #-Link-Snipped-# is a beast for indoor photography and family photos. It has only 4x zoom.
    If you can live with it this is a awesome point & shoot.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    ianoop
    You are going to use for personal and family stuffs/
    What is your max budget. Tell us then we can recommend you which one to go.

For general stuffs a zoom of 10x would be preferred but here is a camera #-Link-Snipped-# is a beast for indoor photography and family photos. It has only 4x zoom.
    If you can live with it this is a awesome point & shoot.
    its about less than rs6000 only.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    yogi.bharadwaj
    its about less than rs6000 only.
    That's very tight budget and recommending is difficult. You should go to any big store and shortlist 3-4 cameras then we can easily recommend you which one to go.
    You should look for following feature -
    -Panorama
    -Sunset
    -max ISO
    -aperture lower is better like F2.8
  • lal
    lal
    ianoop
    -max ISO
    Should reconsider this. Point and shoots are not so good in dealing with ISO noise. And due to their small sensor size, noise pops out a lot sacrificing the image quality. Anything beyond 800 would deteriorate image quality too much. Even ISO 800 is unusable on point and shoots.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Jordan Penchas is 13-year old boy from Houston who enjoys playing video games and experimenting with electronics. When his friend gave him an Arduino Uno—an inexpensive open-source motherboard that...
I am an automobile engineer and I am more facinated about cars and bikes . All of us have interest in something and we depend on Google to search for...
Hi guys im new here, i have a question: Is it possible to construct a 4" x 22ft x 11ft RC slab on top of a rectangular shaped two 22ft...
Hi All We are experience engineer for firmware,pcb,RF and mechanical design.We are looking for part time job.Please advise. Rgds Nazri
Just today, I have started to learn html and css coding. I tried to insert an image using html code: