Basic problem in Robotics

hi im new to robotics. i have knowledge in programming.
i want to hook up my laptop on top of four wheels and make it drive from point A to point B.
how do i make the computer control the mobile.i.e brake and run,turn.
which software should i use?
do i have to build my own software?
what type of sensors should i use?
thank you so much any helpful comment is much apriciated.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google is a dream company for computer engineers for several years now. However, it's not at all easy to get into Google. There are several tests and interviews you'll have...
An idea struck my mind which could be a great final year project idea . The idea is to develop a mobile app, preferably on Java for larger compatibility and...
ThoughtWorks Studios invites you to an intensive 3-day workshop for beginners in Scrum, XP or any other Agile methodology. Equip your team with a working knowledge of Agile Fundamentals and...
When you see something that is technically sweet, you just go for it and do it and after getting the success, you argue about what to do with it! That...
Professor Dr Edward Johnson and Clayton Wright from the Eastern Virginia Medical School created a 'living logo' of Google. Check out this awesome video below - [video=youtube;6B9lIizKkPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B9lIizKkPA&feature=player_embedded[/video]