Bangladesh bans Facebook. About 1 million FB users unhappy.

Following Pakistan, Bangladesh too has banned Facebook. The reason being a page on Facebook that's asking users to draw images of Islam's Prophet Muhammad.

Chief telecommunication regulator Zia Ahmed said Sunday that access to the site has been temporarily blocked because it was publishing caricatures that may hurt the religious sentiments of people in the Muslim-majority nation.

Bangladesh ISP association estimates the number of Facebook users to be around 1 million; while the overall population of Bangladesh is about 150 million.

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Facebook is back in pakistan now. It apologized and removed that page.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yahoo exodus continues and gets worse. Tapan Bhat, the designer of Yahoo's famous (and useful) front page is leaving the company. Its not certain what Mr. Bhat plans to do...
IIT JEE Results were declared on 30th May 2010. This years Topper AIR 1 is Jithendar Reddy Anumula from NARAYANA. Congratulations to Jithendar for his Success. 😀
I really liked the following video. I hope you will love it too: [video=youtube;V5BxymuiAxQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5BxymuiAxQ[/video]
hi friend's every one have a dream to be the one. i also have, i want to make fastest car in the world which do everything itself like ride the...
The Indian economy grew by 8.6 percent during the quarter ended March 31, lifting the annual gross domestic product (GDP) for 2009-10 to 7.4 percent 😁