Bangalore's Garbage Crisis

Since Bangalore is facing big Garbage Crisis something has to be thought and bring out a breakthrough as early as possible.Garbage landfills in Karnataka cannot take anymore, so can garbage be electrocuted n reduced??

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Depends on what we are going to electrocute friend

But we are aware of facilities which can recycle common things like
    • plastics
    • Newspapers / papers
    • tins
    • bottles (glass)
    If they are removed perfectly from the Garbage then there need not be so many land fills for garbage dumping any where in our country
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    One of my friends is working on this. I'll ask him to reply and tell us how he and his NGO are solving this problem.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    First garbage generation should be minimised. Daily I see fights in various shops where customers ask for plastic bags (often more than one) even to carry a single already packed item. Very few reuse these bags. They are dumped on reaching home.
    Far too much printing is done, that too single sided. Unnecessary photocopying is common. Door to door advertising with brochures and ad papers has increased a lot. Nobody reads these and just dump them.
    Those having even a small garden can easily compost kitchen waste.
    Waste sorting does not happen. Bangalore has a thriving recycled plastic raw material industry, who do use rag pickers to bring them segregated plastic waste. Better sorting will reduce bulk.
    The bulk density of garbage is low. Plastic covers of all sizes have a lot of air and have a large volume. Consumers should compress these as much as possible. The corporation should use garbage compactors to minimise bulk to better use the land fill area available.

In the late sixties a move to pelletise waste as fuel for power generation was started. Died in infancy.

We may get better results if the garbage generators are electrocuted instead.
    Here is a thesis on a Technical and economic analysis of thermal plasma–assisted Waste-to-Energy:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

In the final analysis the consumer must co-operate with the government to reduce the amount of garbage.

There are more than two hundred countries with population less than Bangalore's.

Welcome to Bengaluru, the Gar(den)bage city. The poet Kuvempu said, 'fold your hands and enter'. Needs a slight modification as 'close your nose and enter'.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys listen If you are tracking End Times report you will know one of the prime prophecy By the Mayans about the End of the world They have said The...
hello everyone, just want to introduce you fellows to the latest member of the CE. my real name is john my friends call me winterjorni, i am young lad who...
Can anyone help me out in this.. i've been trying it since a long time but not getting the correct approach! 👀
Indeed there were other relevant stories associated with the History of Hacking.Here are few of them that are well known. John Drapper also known as Captain Crunch is known as...
How can we overcome the problem 503 service unavailable in opening the website... can anyone have its solution then kindly explain it..