Bajaj Pulsar 375 - Thoughts? (Leaked Photos)

Bajaj Pulsar 375 might hit Indian roads in the next few months. The bike will come equipped with a 375cc engine which would be loosely based on the KTM Duke 390, another international bike that will launch under Bajaj's name. There are many bike (read Pulsar) enthusiasts who've been waiting for the next Pulsar after the mighty 220. Check out the spyshot which shows the early design of the Pulsar 375 -

Bajaj-Pulsar-375โ€‹

It appears that Bajaj will have include dual-projector lamps which were missed in the latest 200 NS iteration. The indicators seem to be quite tiny for the bike of this size. On the engine front, it's expected that the bike iwll produce about 40 BHP at 30 Nm torque. The engine is likely to be a single cylinder 4-valve engine with a 6-speed gearbox. The electronics of the bike might just bring some advance traction control, but there's no point in speculating about it just yet. We'd love to be pleasantly surprised by Bajaj.

It's expected that the bike would be formally announced by Auguest-September 2013 but might get delayed. The actual shipment of the bike might see Q1 of 2014. But as I said, nothing is confirmed yet. The price of the bike (on road) might just touch the Rs. 2,00,000 figure in India.

In the meanwhile, do share your thoughts on the bike, especially the design. Do you think the Bajaj Pulsar 375 advances the entire Pulsar game to the next level?

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Looks quite good. But with players like Hyosung and Kawasaki already having proven their quality and power, Bajaj might might find it difficult to make any massive stir! Not to forget Honda there and rumours that Suzuki will be launching some massive machines on Indian roads quite soon. Gonna be a battle again. But this time with much more powerful machines!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...and BMW has tied up with TVS to launch new bikes in India. Can't wait what they'll unveil.
  • lal
    lal
    Was there a news like that! Woah, can the clocks be tweaked to run faster? ๐Ÿ˜

But why TVS! Err..
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    TVS with BMW ? ! not a very good combo if i should say so.

By the way as for the pulsar, i think it has really hit rock bottom. pulsar generally is the only bike so far which has been evolved continuously and consistently over a period of time, starting from the time when the most basic pulsar - the pulsar 150 was introduced.

i dont really think this pulsar 375 may sell, because this one will compete directly with bikes like ninja, KTM, CBR and others.

besides this the royal enfield bikes are slowly gaining popularity with the audience nowadays.
  • CKRao
    CKRao
    wow! pulsar 375 seems good... is it using the twin spark DTSi technology or Triple spark?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CKRao
    wow! pulsar 375 seems good... is it using the twin spark DTSi technology or Triple spark?
    The specs aren't available as yet. I'd believe the 375 would have Twin Spark DTSi; but not sure about it. Just a guess. #-Link-Snipped-# - what do you say?

I personally don't like the looks at all. If you're going in the higher CC range, the styling has to be in synch with it. Most of the bikes these days are adding extra layer of fiber to get the looks - but you gotta get those 'sporty' & aerodynamic looks to attract customers.

Has anyone seen Vardenchi Motorcycles? They're modifying Royal Enfield engines to create awesome looking choppers!
  • CKRao
    CKRao
    I believe the 375 would use triple spark technology since the have alrdy used it in the pulsar 220 NS, but not sure abt it.. And sorry i ve nt seen Vardenchi Motorcycles.
    And i too agree that style and looks should be in sync
  • lal
    lal
    I'm more biased towards heavy looking Naked hunks. I like the concept of cruising rather than speeding like a lightning bolt! Those extra fiber fittings, for me, are just 'junk'.

Though it feels kind of some old design to me,this new make from Pulsar looks decent. May be because I'm not interested in bikes with fiber ornaments ๐Ÿ˜ I totally hated that Black-White combination. Hope there would be better colours available. I think this won't be looking like a heavy machine in real, rather a compact speeder.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The specs aren't available as yet. I'd believe the 375 would have Twin Spark DTSi; but not sure about it. Just a guess. #-Link-Snipped-# - what do you say?

I personally don't like the looks at all. If you're going in the higher CC range, the styling has to be in synch with it. Most of the bikes these days are adding extra layer of fiber to get the looks - but you gotta get those 'sporty' & aerodynamic looks to attract customers.

Has anyone seen Vardenchi Motorcycles? They're modifying Royal Enfield engines to create awesome looking choppers!
    what i feel is that the engine may be of a similar construction as that of kawasaki ninja, because that is what it seems to be competing with.

mostly i feel it may be triple spark.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    This is one ugly looking motorbike, but then again I think all motorbikes not Royal Enfield are ugly looking.

Thanks for that Vardenchi intro, Kaustubh.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gurjap
    This is one ugly looking motorbike, but then again I think all motorbikes not Royal Enfield are ugly looking.

I know the CEO of Vardenchi. Will have him on the small talk.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Will you take questions from members?
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    Gurjap

That is very Jatt or Punjabi type taste ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    ๐Ÿ˜€

It certainly is.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

please ๐Ÿ˜– reply I am in need of Future deciding Suggestion. I am EEE graudate Now working in control room(based on plc) of coal handling section of power plant where...
Micromax Canvas Music A88 price and specifications have been revealed. The phone would begin shipping at Rs. 8499 through e-commerce website and retail stores across India. The Canvas Music A88...
Those who grew up in the 80s and 90s may remember the game Karateka (check the following screenshot, if you don't). The classic game will hit the Android and iOS...
The Vikings Stadium to be built in the Minneapolis city center will boast the world's largest transparent roof. The roof will be constructed using state-of-the-art ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) instead of...
Hi All Engineers I am Stuck At A Problem The Question Is Suppose I am A hacker And I Publish A Loophole On My Blog So How The Corporate Company...