Bajaj Discover 125 ST

First impressions of the new Discover 125ST. It churns out 12.8bhp and comes with a 5-speed gearbox.

Fact File

Engine
Fuel Petrol
Type 4 valve, Air Cooled, 124.58cc
Bore/stroke 54x54.4
Power 12.8 at 9000rpm

Transmission
Gearbox 5-speed

Chassis & Body
Tyres Front- 2.75x17-41p with tube, rear- 3.00x17-50P with tube

Suspension
Front Telescopic, 30mm
Rear Nitrox mono-shock with 9-step adjustment

Brakes
Front Petal disc, 200mm
Rear Drum 130mm

Economy
Tank size
10-litres

[โ€‹IMG]

Bajaj claims the Discover 125 ST delivers 65kpl.
What's Your Take on this bike guys ??

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    The rear suspension is something new. it would have been much better if the engine was oil cooled, just like the pulsar.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    125CC with 5 speed just doesn't cut it. I've Yamaha RX-Z, 5-speed that has 125CC engine. I seldom use the 5th gear while riding on city roads. Looks wise, the bike is nice and I guess Bajaj bike designers tend to focus more on sitting comfort for their bikes. That's indeed a great approach to take.

I'm yet to discover the advantages of Nitrox mono-shock with 9-step adjustment suspension. Is there anything about it to highlight?
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    Basically I like the Design.. It has got some sportish look.. #-Link-Snipped-# I liked your idea of oil cooled engine.. That would be perfect for engine life, but I think Bajaj tried to keep it in mid range if think of price terms i.e. About 55K. Making a oil cooled engine would increase the price a bit.

I regret of buying discover one year ago ๐Ÿ˜› I really liked the new version.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Itspuneet
    Basically I like the Design.. It has got some sportish look.. #-Link-Snipped-# I liked your idea of oil cooled engine.. That would be perfect for engine life, but I think Bajaj tried to keep it in mid range if think of price terms i.e. About 55K. Making a oil cooled engine would increase the price a bit.

I regret of buying discover one year ago ๐Ÿ˜› I really liked the new version.
    Price i don't think so would have been a big matter, because since it was implemented for pulsar, the bike still sold in large numbers.
    Besides i don't think you should regret, because any now and then Bajaj will come up with a newer and better version of either discover or pulsar.
  • new mani
    new mani
    s i agree with him because the bajaj should get tto top position when it has newer and developed version of pulsar and discover them selves
  • new mani
    new mani
    good looking bike wit 125 cc and i thind it is danger with the tank in case of sudden breaks and its looking much narrower than any other it will get crushes in to front part of the body at the time of breaking
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ^ makes me blind. ๐Ÿ˜’

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

MRPL Jobs 2012 โ€“ Apply Online for Graduate Apprentice Engineer Vacancies: Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL) a subsidiary of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd has issued notification against...
DFCCIL Vacancies 2012 โ€“ 107 AM & Executive Posts: Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India (DFCCIL) under Ministry of Railways invites applications from eligible citizens of India for 107 posts...
PSTCL Recruitment 2012 โ€“ Apply Online for 387 Various Vacancies: Punjab State Transmission Corporation Limited (PSTCL) has issued notification against recruitment of 387 various vacancies. Eligible candidates may apply through...
sorry for the late intro guys i am a not very calm but keen thinker keen on trying odd things out
Hi.. can anyone suggest a book for learning VISUAL BASICS ??