B.Tech 1st Semester Electronics & Telecomm Syllabus Is Boring

Just around the corner is my 1st ever semister exam under WBUt board. Things been so busy lately. to tell the truth even since i began going to engineering college, study took a back seat. Doing all the practical homework, assignments (which professors never check). But the main reason is i am always so tired to study after coming home from college and the weekends just goes by a blink. Right now we have GRAPHICS so the weekend goes by doing that. But my marks are ok in the internal exam. So making me wonder if they are right when they say engineers means no study at all!! Or the otherwise is true only before the semister exam! I guess i am going to find it out soon enough.
Another thing about this semister...the syllabus is so boring. I feel so bored. Is it me or WBUT board syllabus is really boring?โ€‹

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Practicals, assignments and all is all about engineering. It's more of practicals than theory; so I don't think your studies are getting a back seat. Be interested in practicals that you attend and most of your 'real engineering' knowledge will come from there. For all other things, you have CrazyEngineers and CEans.
  • Miri
    Miri
    To tell the truth i like the practicals very much. Electrical practical specially. Electronics is ok. But xi and xii been so study study study study study study........that it feels strange...๐Ÿ˜
  • lal
    lal
    Good. You are on the right track. You have started to think as other engineers do too ๐Ÿ˜ Hehe. Kidding.

Nothing is wrong friend. Keep going and enjoy innovating aka engineering ๐Ÿ˜
  • Miri
    Miri
    no kidding bro...me here getting the incurable engineering fever!!!!๐Ÿ˜
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    When I opted for diploma, same fire was burning inside me.
    Three years later, I am pursuing degree & I still feel the same fire burning.
    Don't let the thirst of knowledge fade.

Oh yeah, Welcome to our Family.
    Preach!
  • Miri
    Miri
    Hard keeping the fire burning....when everyone's like engineering oh yeah, no study study...hehe ๐Ÿ˜‰ but things gonna be ok in the future i guess!!!

Thanks, glad to be here!!!
  • lal
    lal
    A fuel to the fire is application - own projects. Seeing and feeling what we studied physically in front of the eyes. It helps keep that fire burning quite good.
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    Miri
    To tell the truth i like the practicals very much. Electrical practical specially. Electronics is ok. But xi and xii been so study study study study study study........that it feels strange...๐Ÿ˜
    i think your fed up with xi&xii studies but engineering will give more you can enjoy in this once if you enjoy engineering education it will give you a lot
  • SurEC93
    SurEC93
    If you like practicals then I am sure the next four years are going to be the best and most enjoyed in your life.. Just keep on building your concepts strongly and that will help you always!

All the best!๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I started to lay my books aside as soon as I found they could not satisfy my flame so started to get into forums where I find more knowledge

PS I may not be academically sound but practically I am more confident in facing scenarios

This is true engineer feel

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Steve Clayton writes on his blog that he tells people he has got one of the best jobs at Microsoft - I get the opportunity to meet and talk with...
๐Ÿ˜• Which book to read for better concept in electronic and communication? Please help...
Hii, friends. can anybody tel me what is the physical significance of moment and couple? What is the meaning of direction and sense in right hand thumb rule in moment...
So friends, Here's one task for me.It's not compulsory though I wanna pretend as if this project is compulsory & work on it. The project is mainly Mathematics related, but...
Just tell me what are they used for and why in particular (means high freq. for some particular function then why not low frequencies there)? (noise tolerance, propagation through obstacles,...