autorecovery

I'm amazed to see that when an autorun file is deleted from pendrive(usually containing virus info) it gets recovered automatically. I want to know that why does this happen and how does this happen so that we can protect our important files from being accidentally deleted.
same is when we delete cmd.exe file from c:\windows\system32 folder.
Please answer.

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I think this happens when you format your pendrive..or simply delete it
    am i right?
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    goyal420
    I think this happens when you format your pendrive..or simply delete it
    am i right?
    no,i think his question is when we delete that file ,it auto recovers so want to know is there any method to autorecover the file.isn't?
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    In case of Pendrive, the virus executable file contains the autorun file. The virus executable keeps on checking if the autorun file is deleted. When you delete the file, it extracts the autorun file from the exe.

In case of cmd.exe, It's a system file. Windows creates a cache of the system files and a system services monitors the core system files. If the file gets deleted or changed in unauthorized manner then the service copies the file from the cache.
  • TARANJEET SINGH
    TARANJEET SINGH
    Guys you all are right but i want to know that is there any way like this so that we can prevent user/own files from being accidentally deleted.
  • callyD
    callyD
    If you have lost an important program or system file, System Restore may be able to help. And there are also tools which will give you deletion attempt notification that notifies you of any attempt to delete any of the protected files
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Just don't delete the file using shift + del

it is already provided that when you delete a file it goes to recycle bin from where it can be easily recovered

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A,B,C,D,E,F and G are brother.two brothers had an argument and A said to B 'You are as old as C was when i was twice as old as D,and will...
Dear all, good day, FYI, I am currently doing some projects on finned tube heat exchanger where hot air is travel outside the fin and cool water is inside the...
Sir / madam, My question is No. of animals is 11 more than the no. of birds. If the no. of birds were the no. of animals and no. of...
I'm working on designing and developing a fuel injected gasoline gen set for a hybrid vehicle. EFI is not something that is usually used in case of I.C.'s used for...
Guys can you suggest any method or an appliance to reduce the Power consumption of a Desktop Monitor. I think the Monitor really consumes quite some Power especially when the...