CrazyEngineers
  • sachinc
    sachinc

MemberMay 8, 2008

Automating a MS Word Add-In

Hi Guys,

I am working in financial firm. I would like to aoutomate the product.
    How it works? It is a add in which sits on word document, takes the data from excel and gives it to portal. Is there any way to automate it without using automation tool. Please reply asap.

Regards
    Sachin
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • raj87verma88

MemberMay 8, 2008

Re: Automation...

Why is this question in the suggestions and feedback???
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorMay 8, 2008

So, as I guess it, you want to automate the process of extracting data from Word & Excel and publish it on your portal.

Right?
    Cancel
  • sachinc

MemberMay 8, 2008

The_Big_K
    So, as I guess it, you want to automate the process of extracting data from Word & Excel and publish it on your portal.

Right?
    No, here i have a add in sitting on the word. There is an excel sheet i upload the data to database and word will take that data and displays in portal.
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberMay 8, 2008

Ummm, Sachin I am slightly confused here. Why not create a small script on your server side (thats on your portal side), which will take the excel sheet, parse it, and pump that data into the database?

A simple PHP script would do. It would be better if you could give us the specs of your portal.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register