AUTOMATIC TRAFFIC CAMERA CONTROL FOR VEHICLES BREAKING TRAFFIC RULES

atlast we decided to do the project on the topic AUTOMATIC TRAFFIC CAMERA CONTROL FOR VEHICLES BREAKING TRAFFIC RULES .

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ~on*kiyu
    atlast we decided to do the project on the topic AUTOMATIC TRAFFIC CAMERA CONTROL FOR VEHICLES BREAKING TRAFFIC RULES .
    Looks interesting. So I assume that you'll be developing a system that captures the number plates of the vehicles that break the traffic signal? If yes, what information do you plan to collect?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    And one more point how you're collecting data? Is there any center computer where you are saving all the data?
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    The_Big_K
    Looks interesting. So I assume that you'll be developing a system that captures the number plates of the vehicles that break the traffic signal? If yes, what information do you plan to collect?
    its decided to collect the number of the vehile then by using local area network connection about the owner , and the speed of the vehicle.
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    godfather
    And one more point how you're collecting data? Is there any center computer where you are saving all the data?
    we dont think about a center computer.
    we just have only the skeleton of the project.
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    our guide has said that for this project we have to apply the lcd interfacing of 8051 microcontroller.
    i dont know anything about programming with inter facing .
    so please help me to get a basic of it.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Which LCD you want to use? 16x2 or 20x4 ?
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    16*2 lcd
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    can i get the basics of the interfacing.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Have a look at this post. But reply in this thread only.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    i dont know the basics of programming lcd interface in microcontroller. can i get it
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    You can get some reference code from internet and I too have one reference code but you must have to try before that so atleast you can get basic concept of LCD. Remember Never be dependable on anything.
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    after 13 i will ask more doubts. still then bye.
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    and i am back to my project.
    we have decided to do the project with the help of an external guide.
    and it will be started in this week itself.
    expect all your help in my project.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    All the best. Keep updating on CE too. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    All the best buddy... ๐Ÿ˜€ Check this out too!!!
    [โ€‹IMG]
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    thanks.
    we have decided to do the project using embedded systems.
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    from this we are starting our project.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    You want to drive real camera with stepper motor? ( Bad Idea)
    ==========================================
    There is no purpose for LCD, Buzzer nothing.

First Answer how you detect the speed of vehicles? ( It seems you are clueless about your project)
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    that is correct. actually we don't have any idea about this topic.we just only have the block diagram from the internet.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    ~on*kiyu
    that is correct. actually we don't have any idea about this topic.we just only have the block diagram from the internet.
    And that block diagram, like most of so called 'Live Project' provider's block diagram is the most joking thing I have ever seen.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Camera will capture frames

Those frames will come to PC, First Motion will be detected
    Using Morphological process, blobs are to be detecetd.
    These Blobs will be super imposed on vehicles.
    Relative change of motion will be calculated from one frame to another. ( If you are using Matlab 7.6 and above there is a ready made demo available on this)

If the Speed crosses the limit, capture the number plate, preprocess it and detect the number. Store it in Database. "Where is LCD and Buzzer coming in Picture? Do you want to cause accidents in roads by shooting up buzzers?"
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    and we started to do our project.
    we changed the block diagram by removing the buzzer
    the 16*2 lcd is used to view the total number of vehicles that are breaking the traffic rules.
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    this is our modified block diagram.
    sssssssssssssssssssss??? Nice naming convention you've got man!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    thanks. tomorrow is our first presentation. i am a bit scared of it
    ~on*kiyu
    thanks. tomorrow is our first presentation. i am a bit scared of it
    All the best dude... Do well! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    it happend finally.
    i become nervous in front of the stage. i dont know what happend
    i started the introduction well but missed somewhere and lost the hope of completing my part.
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    what had happend to our project? i dont know. everybody is saying you must implement some more thing in to your project else our project will get cancelled. we cannot construct our project since it only consist of transducers only.

i dont know what to do with it. days with tension and worries are coming back.....๐Ÿ˜”
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    can anyone help me to reconstruct the block diagram including a server to collect the obtained data and to send it to some sources.
    ~on*kiyu
    can anyone help me to reconstruct the block diagram including a server to collect the obtained data and to send it to some sources.
    Dude, your signature looks too big, hiding the message you have given, please make it small... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    ohk
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    is it ok?
    ~on*kiyu
    is it ok?
    Yup, looks good... Use the Edit button frequently! Don't post single letter posts... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    of course i dont know more about the editing in word processor itself.
    can you help me in modifying my block diagram?????
    ~on*kiyu
    of course i dont know more about the editing in word processor itself.
    can you help me in modifying my block diagram?????
    Sure... What ya wanna do?
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    our senior staff said that we must include a source to which the captured data has to be send.
    one of our friend said we may use zigbee for data transfer another said we may use gps or gprs.
    what will we do ?
    i think the 2nd choice is a better one.
    we want to change the block diagram including the path of data transfer from the collected source to an official or to the authority regarding the breaking of traffic rule.
    Block diagram for what???
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    its for showing how the data is transferred . a block to point out the system used for transferring data another for the person recieving it likewise
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    i just tried my attempt in modifying it.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Ours is quite similar. We're developing an aeromodel, on which this cam shall be mounted! Traffic monitoring, military aid, videography etc etc. ๐Ÿ˜€

All the best with your project mate! The concept sure is awesome!๐Ÿ‘
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    whats the cost of gsm module?
    i dont know why our senior told that you must choose zigbee rather than gsm.
    is it so costly???
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    is it good for us to use radio waves to transmit the obtained data???
    is it very much costlier that we cannot afford it?
    can anyone answer me ....
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Opt for a zigbee if your range is less, it's cheaper than gsm.
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    does we get a range of 1km from it???
    ~on*kiyu
    does we get a range of 1km from it???
    Zigbee is about 100m range. But we can use repeaters kinda circuit to achieve what we need... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    one doubt
    if the Zigbee has a short range then what is the use of this system?
    its better for an official to follow the vehicle na?
    ~on*kiyu
    one doubt
    if the Zigbee has a short range then what is the use of this system?
    its better for an official to follow the vehicle na?
    I said we can use some repeaters! Didn't notice?
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    i think snail is faster than our project.
    nothing is happening.
    weeks are passing without any improvement.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    GSM Modem cost is around INR 2600/- And if you're using zigbee it may become costly compare to Modem.
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    the date for presenting our project in its 30% is anounced. and its on this friday.
    we dont have anything to present. evenif the program.
    i dont know what to do?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    What is the status?
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    we have implemented only to sense the vehicle when it breaks traffic rules. but we want to submit upto
    capturing the image of the vehicle.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ~on*kiyu
    we have implemented only to sense the vehicle when it breaks traffic rules. but we want to submit upto
    capturing the image of the vehicle.
    So what type of help you need? Can you show us your circuit diagram and work you have done till date. It would be great to see your project. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    last day our final presentation was over. we do the same mistake as in the zeroth level presentation. no media to send the data to the authority. we were supposed to use gsm techniques but our project was prepared by using internet by the institution were we do our project.
    a great mistake to us.
    no more further suggestions????????

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It's a single-stop-shop for the field of metal working machinery, low cost automation, material handling and quality control systems and equipment. The event is scheduled for April 5-8, 2012, at...
I have installed Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0 in my system, windows 7 64 bit. when i open the application within few seconds it gives a notification and stops working.. i have...
Hello there, kindly fill this form if want to join the CE chess tournament. Entry Form Real Time Correspondence Chess Swiss System Round-Robin Double-Round Robin : Similar to round-robin but...
i'm a 4th sem computer science student, already looking forward for my internship at the end of my semester. please give me name and more essential information of companies/firms which...
IOCL is recruiting 225 engineering graduates through GATE 2012. I am a B.Tech (I.T) and i am applying for this too. I want to know will i be able to...