Automatic time table generator

I have an idea of developing this system for use in schools and colleges.

the inputs will be:
1.no of lecturers
2.maximum no of hours a day
3.electives choosen
4.no of branches
The time table for whole college will be generated automatically.Can u sugest me how to implement it?

Replies

• Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    anceta
    I have an idea of developing this system for use in schools and colleges.

the inputs will be:
    1.no of lecturers
    2.maximum no of hours a day
    3.electives choosen
    4.no of branches
    The time table for whole college will be generated automatically.Can u sugest me how to implement it?
    Use Simplex to solve the Linear programming. Your parameters are not correct though!
  • anceta
    anceta
    Thank You.Can you tel me under which domain it comes and the percentage of database in this project.Can we use chess logic and probability concepts?Do u have any other project ideas for final year B.E. students.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    I dont see any use of probability here,
    You can use Linear Programing and try to fit into constraints or you can solve this using back-tracking.
    Something like sudoku solver or Knights tour or 8 Queens.

I suggest to go for a full flegged chess program as you project, see if fits in your criterias.
    But I must warn you that if you choose this as your project, alot of work is ahead of you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all ENTHUSIASTIC ENGINEERS of india. I am yet another FURSTRATED ENGINEER of india. My only mistake is that i love ENGINEERING and have GENES for it. According to me,...
"Concetto 2012" is 3 days technical fiesta organized by Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, Jharkand from 4th to 6th October, 2012. Concetto created a platform for budding entrepreneurs to showcase...
"ICRASE 2012" International Conference on Recent Advances in Science & Engineering is organized and sponsored by Association of Scholars & Professionals on 30th & 31st October, 2012. ICRASE 2012 created...
Hello, This is T. Thinakaran, an electrical and electronics engineer. I want to know - Why do electric machines take more starting current? Please provide reasons in replies.
Apple just sued Samsung for Pinch&zoom, like looking tablet and icons. My question is how can apple able to patent something which is an idea and shown publicly. One more...