AUTOMATIC SPEED CONTROL SYSTEM

For avoiding rash driving of the drivers we have to provide safety systems with in the vehicles mainly for 4-wheelers. We can make this by using sensors and electronic circuits, which costs more. Rather than providing such high cost equipment we can achieve the same thing by mechanical means.

In this system there is one power source (battery) as input, one controlling element (toroidal coil with controlling rod arrangement), and small modifications in the already existing conventional design of S.I &C.I engines and connections with brake, which simply acts as a switch

It is the system, which mainly uses the electrical power source and electronic circuits for controlling of the vehicle speed. It is mainly have the following components. It has the connections with brake, carburetor incase of S.I. engine and fuel injection pump in case of C.I. engine.

upload_2013-10-8_22-53-17

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I believe this is already in existence.
    Few months back I read an article that in US, Car companies has given the features where parents can control the vehicle speeds of their wards; that too using mobiles.

All they needed to do is using mobile, connect to the control system of car and set the highest speed of the car, and regardless of how much throttle ward is pressing, car will not go beyond a speed limit.

I am not too technical in mechanical systems so may not be able to comment on the circuit diagram at this moment. However, I will search through the article and may update this thread.

-CB
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    In that case why don't we simply not use the mechanical governors ?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Velshankar M
    For avoiding rash driving of the drivers we have to provide safety systems with in the vehicles mainly for 4-wheelers. We can make this by using sensors and electronic circuits, which costs more. Rather than providing such high cost equipment we can achieve the same thing by mechanical means.

In this system there is one power source (battery) as input, one controlling element (toroidal coil with controlling rod arrangement), and small modifications in the already existing conventional design of S.I &C.I engines and connections with brake, which simply acts as a switch

It is the system, which mainly uses the electrical power source and electronic circuits for controlling of the vehicle speed. It is mainly have the following components. It has the connections with brake, carburetor incase of S.I. engine and fuel injection pump in case of C.I. engine.

upload_2013-10-8_22-53-17
    What is the advantage of having a toroidal coil operated speed control over old governing system? I dont think its a good idea to slow down a vehicle by braking it beacuse more power loss is experienced due to braking. So why can't we have a system(ECU) which automatically cut down the fuel supply when the vehicle reaches certain speed limit?(Notify if this system already exists)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have basic doubt in nomenclature we generally use terms nuclear and thermal power separately but according to me the thermal energy of nuclear reaction is used in nuclear power...
I'm seeking suggestions on what are the best ways to send money from India to abroad. While I'd be sending money to France, I want to have suggestions on most...
Samsung Electronics has today launched the much-anticipated and talked-about gadget in the tech town. Called the Samsung Galaxy Round - the company has pioneered the launch of the world's first...
hello every one... can you suggest me for design calculation for flow control valve???? gate valve , globe valve , ball valve etc.
Apple Inc. is all set to sizzle the tablet market with the launch of latest iPads on October 22 - sources say. The news came to light when AllThingsD reported...