automatic attendance marking by image processing

Project Abstract / Summary : The daily attendance management is a big task in any
organization. The image processing based attendance marking
system takes the daily attendance of people in industries and
educational institutions automatically. The work presented in
this paper proposes a method to automatically take the
attendance of students in a university. The system makes use of face recognition technology for identifying the students who are present in each class. It is an efficient way to record and manage the attendance activity in a university. The system stores the details of each student as well as their facial features in the database and it compares the new patterns with the previously stored patterns as per the requirement. The system is technologically very simple, easily installable and maintainable.
In this paper, one application of the automatic face recognition,
such as attendance marking is discussed in detail. Also, the
software and hardware details of the system are discussed. The
same system with some modifications, can be used in a wide
range of applications such as to prove the identity of a person to
presence of known criminals in airports, railway stations, LOC
areas in country border etc; to enter a protected site and
so on.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : because , I love this area (i.e., digital image processing). It is used to identify the
presence of known criminals in airports, railway stations, LOC
areas in country border etc; to enter a protected site and
so on.

Project Category : Robotics / RC / Automation
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: karpagam college of engineering
City: coimbatore
State: Tamil Nadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract •The usage of android application and its impact on society has been tremendously increasing in this android era the application that will be used...
We've a good news for all the four-eyes of the world. Researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology have developed a new technology that turns your eyeglasses into cool-looking sunglasses...
I've huge collection of photos clicked at various events, trips, family get-togethers, corporate events et al. The collection's already several hundred GBs big and right now I'm storing them on...
Hi frnds, often we using this word etc, In Dictionary : Etc full form Etcetera Et is and. cetera is rest of the things. do you know what that word...
A team of researchers from Western Washington University and Chris Reddy of Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution have come together to create renewable fuels that could replace the petroleum. With the...