AutoCAD - Now online

This is to inform all Crazy Engineers that the most hotly used software by Civil and Mech Engineers : AutoCAD has been developed into an online version - AutoCAD WS. Check this out : #-Link-Snipped-#. The best thing about it is that a file can be edited in real time by multiple people at the same time. Also, you can access AutoCAD anywhere in the world, without the need of any software. It can also be accessed on the iPhone and iPad and iPod Touch, so now, AutoCAD has become totally mobile and you can access it on the go. Save it on your iPhone while you are holidaying and your colleague will automatically recieve a copy as soon as you save it sitting in the the office. Pretty neat, huh? Well, it has it's disadvantages :
No command line
No support for 3D content
You can select max 30 objects in a window
But still, it is quite useful for everyday drafting and for 3D, there's Google SketchUp available on the iPad, so who cares? 😁

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Totally awesome 😁
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    That's great!!!

Do you have any information about online teaching/tutorial of autocad civil 3d??? I think it's more better than autocad...
  • Viraj Voditel
    Viraj Voditel
    AutoCAD Civil 3D is a Civil Engineering Application that is Built on AutoCAD. So no it is not a replacement for AutoCAD.
    Civil 3D will help if you plan on working for a Civil Engineering or Land Surveying firm.
    Yes, I found quite a few channels on youtube offering free tutorials for this program and you can see those, if you want to learn it.
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Can you please post some link??? We're going to have a 1km route survey, I think this may help in designing road.
  • rajcivil2k6
    rajcivil2k6
    maria flor
    Can you please post some link??? We're going to have a 1km route survey, I think this may help in designing road.

This may be useful, Do get the Book online for free or Purchase " Mastering Civil 3D 2011" and from the link below you can download the chapter wise exercise Drawings.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Am making use of this, it's good. May be u can try.
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Thanks so much. I've downloaded an e-book about autocad civil 3d 2010.
  • rama
    rama

Thats great news..!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

somebody heard of it???? please reply to it................... and can i appear for it i am presently in 3rd year...............😒
I want to calculate the overall efficiency of a gas turbine coupled with generator in a co generation plant with HRSG (Heat Recovery Steam Boiler)... I need to make an...
Is there any possibility to use the waste heat which is coming out through a chimney whose temperature around 150 deg C in many of the industries?
i had a flow chart with regard to gas processing unit,where can i get detail information about it..........
i have written my gate exam.please inform the companies recruit based on gate rank like iocl in petrochemical stream?