Australia Approves TOEFL Test for Student Visas

Students from around the world who wish to study in Australia can now use their TOEFL test scores as part of their visa application as announced by Australia's Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).

International students until now had IELTS (International English Language Testing System) only to demonstrate their English language proficiency for Australia student visas.

In Australia, the International English Language Testing System is operated by education giant IDP.

"I am very pleased the TOEFL test has been chosen as one of the new English test providers and I am confident they will provide a valuable service to student visa applicants," said the Hon. Chris Bowen MP, Minister for Immigration and Citizenship. Mr Bowen said he expected two other tests, the Pearson Test of English Academic and the Cambridge English: Advanced tests, would get official recognition for student visas later this year.

"These additional English language test options will help to create competition in the English language testing market, while creating more test places for student visa applicants. They will also provide candidates with greater choice and enable them to more quickly obtain test results needed for visa applications,'' he said.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mark Zuckerberg - when he's not building Facebook - likes to give himself personal challenges to "learn something about the world, expand my interests and teach myself greater discipline, he...
Here are some topics I know : 1 Is group discussion necessary for the elimination process 2 Who is responsible for the protection of the environment? 3 Retirement age of...
Most of us are fed up and tired just by completing graduation... but I have something else in mind... i.e. to go for higher studies.. 😀 I would like to...
Hi to all Crazy Engineers, Can anyone suggest me a good Cross platform javascript framework for mobile application development. There are a lot available. But confused to choose. (PhoneGap/Jquery/Titanium/.............)
1) Infoscions contribute about 8.36% to the GDP 2) Infoscions contribute about 8.89% to the total tax kitty of the India 3) Infoscions along with their families and friends form...