audio transformers

im trying to do this project 9 Ways to Transmit Audio With a Laser Pen - wikiHow

but im unsure of the transformer to use. i went to the store n asked 4 "an audio output transformer". the dealer said "what transformer?". n he gave me a 6-0-6 volt transformer, said that he does not have other transformers.

well, i used my multimeter to test the resistance.
in that transformer, on the side where 2 wires r coming, its 1.7kohm

on the other side where 3 wires r coming, if i connect the 2 outside yellow wires to the multimeter, it shows 14 ohm.

if i connect the middle green wire to either of the yellow wires, the resistance is 7.4 ohm.

now, how do i use this transformer in the project at 9 Ways to Transmit Audio With a Laser Pen - wikiHow ?

Replies

• shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    before asking for any transformer you shoul know basically which transformer you need??

so first try to find out the characteristics of your needed transformer and then try to find it in the market because the people who are selling it dont know what it is used for they just know characteristics not application,

and yeh if u stay in mumbai (India) then i can tell you where you can get the transformer you want

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i would like to know the people over here from mumbai and would like to get the current technical updates from their colleges like techfest or any workshops or...
hello can anyone tell me what the LED in this circuit is for? Is it just a power on indicator or does it do diode related stuff? The 300k resistor...
Puzzle Source: Cprogramming.com: C++ Programming Challenge - Guessing Game Challenge The following program will act as a guessing game in which the user has eight tries to guess a randomly...
Source: Programming Challenges - Self-Printing Program - Cprogramming.com Here's a nice challenge for all you programming freaks. Write a program that, when run, will print out its source code. This...
CEans, We've lot of members who are studying in colleges. I remember, when I was in college, I used to discuss the question paper with my friends to figure out...