Atmospheric Science at its Best

Panama City Beach, Florida -- Fog rolls up along the shore of Panama City Beach, Florida on Feb. 5th, 2012.

120210-cloud-tsunami-waves-nj-02.photoblog900

Check more images #-Link-Snipped-#.​

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Could someone throw light on how this effect occured? 😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Wow .. looking awesome

In the last
    of article
    Meteorologist Dan Satterfield Fantastic Condo Wave Clouds - Dan's Wild Wild Science Journal - AGU Blogosphere:
    Cool air offshore was very nearly at the saturation point, with a temperature near 20ºC and a dew point of about 19.5ºC. The air at this temperature can only hold a certain amount of water vapor, and how much it can hold depends heavily on the temperature. If you add more water into the air, a cloud will form, but you can also get a cloud to form by cooling the air. Drop the temperature, and it can no long hold as much water vapor, so some of it will condense out and a cloud will form.​
    I my view when saturated air entring into city .. due to heat got unsaturated and fog is not showing into city. This happen in winter season in Delhi some places are too foggy as compared to others. Seashore added magic to this phenomenon.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

in the last year a burning issuse bet two states of India was about a dam which was constructed during the 18th centuary. lots of protest against it born in...
It's been long time I've had a new game to play on PS3 and after reading couple of game reviews online, it seems that Uncharted 3 is the game worth...
Today's the start of the week for most of us. Today's an opportunity to do something new; that you've never done before. Why do people hate Monday?
A new Google+ commercial was show live during the Grammy Awards Sunday night on CBS. Here is the commercial: With Google+ Instant Upload, every picture you take on your phone...
I bought the third edition of Standard Handbook of Engineering Calculations ed. Tyler G. Hicks pub. McGraw-Hill in 1995. Cost a packet. With almost 5000 calculation procedures for solving common...