At very high frequencies why devices tend to radiate?

at very high frequencies why devices tend to radiate?

Replies

• manivannan.mv
    manivannan.mv
    Re: doubt

hi,dude i think frequency is directly proportional to speed,at high speed every devices starts to radiate.....
    if u know various idea abot this means.please inform me in your reply😁
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    I think it has to do with Antenna basics. Any conductor would radiate some frequencies based on its length. If I remember it right a conductor of length L will radiate a signal (like an antenna) of wavelength W if L=W/2 (or is it W/4 - don't remember)

Nevertheless, as you see from the equation, lower the wavelength (i.e. higher the frequency), smaller is the length of conductor required for it to act as an antenna.

Considering the sizes of devices and PCB routes that we use normally, they would radiate only at high frequencies.

- Karthik
    😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i'm christabel from nigeria.i'm studying computer engineering and i'm in my final year. i joined CE last year.i hope i'll get 2 meet the crazy engineers in the chatroom soon....
hey friends im arti mishra,
hi i am a 3rd yr mechanical student.i need a mini project related to instrumentation & measurement.Can anybody help me?Please send me some ideas @
Hi, I am facing a few problems in installing Quick Test Professional 8.2 (QTP). This is a automation testing tool. I tried to install QTP remotely. After successful installation and...
please give me new seminar topics in computer science stream.... plzz.... any one suggest some good topics