AT&T to build 4 undersea cables to expand its network

AT&T, USA's top phone company is planning to invest $1 billion in building four undersea cables to Japan and rest of Asia in order to expand its network services; senior company officials have said.

The bulk of this investment will be outside the United States, where AT&T in 2007 spent $750 million of its total investment of about $18 billion, Greg Brutus, a spokesman for AT&T Asia Pacific region, told reporters in the Indian capital, New Delhi, reports #-Link-Snipped-#.

The company will initially offer virtual private local area networks over ethernet in 14 cities in Europe and Asia and will have a presence in 29 countries by the end of the year, AT&T said in a statement.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    .. thats makes me wonder, hows the telco market in US? has it saturated? and is it the driving force behind this 1B$ investment?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We published following posts on VoiCE. Make sure you didn't miss out on anything - Talk More On Mobile. It Prevents Two Types Of Brain Tumor! - CrazyEngineers Today is...
i have come through civil engineering softwares setup,ebook and video tutorials and want to share with you ppl.hope you like thanks < Advertising Not allowed >
hello i am final year b.tech (electronics and communication engineering) student. i am interested in publishing article on electronics journals Can any one help me by providing the online websites...
Hi frenz I'm bit confused about the concepts of voltage n current source... Can u answer why voltage across current source & current from voltage source can not be measured??...
why microwave frequency has higher frequency range for given bandwidth as compared to hf??