Asus Zenfone 5 Specs, Features And Expected Price In India

Asus, the Taiwanese-American multinational, is going to launch the Asus Zenfone 5 smartphone in India in July 2014, as it ASUS Zenfone Series Smartphones To Debut In India Next Month. The company had unveiled this smartphone in China and it started creating a buzz in the Android phone market. Ever since it's images and hands-on videos started making headlines following the phone's arrival in the red dragon country alongside Zenfone 3 and 4, the Asus Zenfone 5's launch date in India is something a lot of people are looking forward to. Since July is a day away, we decided to take a closer look at Asus Zenfone 5's technical specifications and features highlighted.

Powered by a 2.0 GHz Intel Atom Multi-Core Z2580 processor and a PowerVR SGX 544 MP2 GPU, the Asus Zenfone 5 promises serious punch in both - general use and games. The company boasts off while talking about its Zenfone UI that offers a buttery smooth interface to the user. ZenFone 5 features two SIM card slots and thereby brings Dual SIM, Dual Standby modes. The 5-inch screen of the phone is equipped with a high resolution 1280 x 720 HD IPS display and pixel density of 294ppi. It is well protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and extends support to GloveTouch input. Running on the Android JellyBean 4.3 (upgradable to 4.4 KitKat ) OS, the Zenfone 5 packs inside it a 2110 mAh Lithium battery that offers a standby time of up to 350 hours and talktime of up to 18.5 hours on 3G.

Asus-Zenfone-5-picture-4
Asus-Zenfone-5-picture-1 Asus-Zenfone-5-picture-6 Asus-Zenfone-5-picture-3 Asus-Zenfone-5-picture-5 Asus-Zenfone-5-picture-2

Weighing just 145g, the Zenfone 5 comes loaded with 1 GB RAM, 2 GB internal memory and support for MicroSD card (up to 64 GB). Buyers also get access to free 5 GB lifetime ASUS WebStorage. On the connectivity front, the smartphone has also the basics in place including - WLAN 802.11 b/g/n, USB 2.0 and Bluetooth V4.0+EDR +A2DP.

The rear camera is a 8 megapixel with Auto Focus, LED Flash, F2.0 Aperture and PixelMaster, whereas the front one is a decent 2 megapixel. PixelMaster is a unique ASUS-developed technology that combines software, hardware and optical design to deliver incredible image quality. PixelMaster offers good low-light performance and shake-free high resolution photos. In fact, with the Time Rewind feature, the PixelMaster camera automatically starts recording images two seconds before and one second after pressing the shutter button. During this three-second period, 31 photos are recorded for you to choose, meaning that the perfect moment is never missed.

That pretty much sums up the entire look at the Asus Zenfone 5 specs. The Zenfone 5 is likely to be priced at around Rs. 15,000 in India. We would love to know your thoughts on the Asus ZenUI, PixelMaster and the overall features of the new android smartphone. Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    The design looks stunning & slick ...also fit & finish looks quite impressive...high resolution 1280 x 720 HD IPS display and pixel density of 294ppi...quite good...2110 mAh Lithium battery that offers talktime of up to 18.5 hours on 3G 👍👍...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like Zenfone is becoming quite the talk of town. Found two passers by discussing phones from Asus on the bus last day.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I am planning to purchase one. Not sure about the hardware quality.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Well, I got a special press invite of the launch event of Zenfone in Delhi 😀

Tested them, and I must say, they're really awesome. Specially the camera it's just superb considering the price point of the phone. Though I think Zenfone 6 is slightly over-priced considering the price of Zenfone4 and Zenfone5, but these phones looked promising to me.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Harshad Italiya
    I am planning to purchase one. Not sure about the hardware quality.
    Even I'm looking to buy one. Tested them, they were really satisfactory, but now due to many phones coming up, I'm thinking to wait for this Diwali to get the best phone available at the best price.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Sanyam Khurana
    Even I'm looking to buy one. Tested them, they were really satisfactory, but now due to many phones coming up, I'm thinking to wait for this Diwali to get the best phone available at the best price.
    I have done with Moto G for now.
    Updates here:- #-Link-Snipped-#
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Last weekend I got hands on experience on this gadget and I must say Asus done exceptionally well, the phone looks stunning , well crafted & finish. Navigation is quite fast , camera quality is good.😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After the successful launch of PSLV, PM Narendra Modi has asked ISRO to develop 'SAARC Satellite', a powerful satellite that'd cater to all of the SAARC member countries. I thought...
Quote: The ReWalk Personal System has become the first FDA-cleared wearable, motorized device to aid paraplegics—another first when it comes to what exoskeleton technology is enabling in the medical device...
Hello CEans ! It has been quite a while now that you have got the opportunity to know about your fellow CEan. So here I am, presenting to you an...
Quote: Transformational is a word that gets thrown around a lot. But these startups, leveraging technology and science, are aiming to upend all traditional notions of healthcare, promising to make...
I apologise for the short notice. Saw it just now. Quote: New regulatory efficiency requirements, fluctuating costs of permanent magnets, and the ever present goal of higher performance from a...