Astrology - A science?

Hi CEans!

We all are quite familiar with the science named "astrology". Now it depends on the individuals to what extent do this science(?) hold importance for them!

Or should i say does it hold any importance or not! so lets share our thoughts regarding the same and try to analyse does it really matter?

Do you think there is a science behind astrology?

Replies

• Neha
    Neha
    well,I don't kno whether theres really any science behind astrology..but I am not a hard listener of Astrology...I love to kno about my future and love to read about my sun-signs...though I don't fully believe them...I read them and forget...thats it!! This maybe due to I didn't find anythin written in my horoscope true..yet depends on a person..what he thinks of astrology...for me its the first column of the newspaper thru which i go and then forgetπŸ˜‰
  • pradypop
    pradypop
    Astrology is biggest farce in the history of humanity. Period.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't believe in Astrology

I do not believe in astrology either. Astrology has survived through centuries but there's no scientific backing to it yet.

Of course a large number of people believe in it & plan *accordingly*. Since when did planets start controlling our lives?

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    well...

well i am too not a strong believer of astrology. it makes logic and substance to a considerable part of our population, but i could never make out WHY??? i suppose our decisions are based on our discretion therefore our situations, our life is a result of our own deeds (or misdeeds πŸ˜‰ )
    but no doubt as neha mentioned, astro column is the first article of the newspaper that i look for... but that too just for the hecjk of it πŸ˜€
  • Neha
    Neha
    As I said earlier,I am not a hard listener of Astrology but I have seen people who fix their daily routines based on what is written in their horoscopes..people wearing rings according to their sunsigns...Do u poeple think wearing rings or such sort of other things really work??
  • Swati
    Swati
    astrology is a thing which most of us do not believe in....but like whenever we get a chance to know about it we are eager to know as what is our future...i beleive in it to some extent....like when good things are written i think its true for me but when bad things are written i think its just not true...
    but let me tell you stars do play a role in our life....
    and this is true....
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    All Guys can plz hav a look at this.

#-Link-Snipped-#

lets discuss.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    thread moved

The Debate is on! 😁

Moving the thread to Debater's Heaven. Shout ! CEans! 😁

-The Big K-
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    What are we talking about?

I am sure we all might be knowing what we are talking i mean guys astrology ain't only planets and sun.It is really very vast!! Friends India is a country where the zero has emergered and so have what ever based on it! Mathematics,permutation,combinations... Its difficult to totaly ignore the facts that have been well established and PRACTISED since ages. Think of it.It won't have been accepted as a science if it was based on hollow assumptions.Forget about the planets and their position i am conversant with many more methods that are prevailing since ages and a major chunk of people follow and believe in it! 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    logic & science behind astrology

integratdbrains
    I am sure we all might be knowing what we are talking i mean guys astrology ain't only planets and sun.It is really very vast!! Friends India is a country where the zero has emergered and so have what ever based on it! Mathematics,permutation,combinations... Its difficult to totaly ignore the facts that have been well established and PRACTISED since ages. Think of it.It won't have been accepted as a science if it was based on hollow assumptions.Forget about the planets and their position i am conversant with many more methods that are prevailing since ages and a major chunk of people follow and believe in it! 😁
    I'm looking forward to someone who can explain the science behind astrology. I really wonder if stars really control the stuff from so far πŸ˜‰

Anyone?

-The Big K-
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    Eg.

Wonder how a decision by remote management affects a poor worker in a factory.Its you who consider stars far off but 'The earth' is near them!!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    integratdbrains
    Ms. Integratd brains..
    thnx for reinforcing this fact.

Big k, I can take d initiative in this direction. To enlighten all of you with sun sign knowledge 😎

read my post "Sun Sign Guru"
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    Ms. Integratd brains..
    thnx for reinforcing this fact.

Big k, I can take d initiative in this direction. To enlighten all of you with sun sign knowledge 😎

read my post "Sun Sign Guru"
    What's stopping you, Mayur? 😁 I'm really interested in knowing how stars & planets control my life 😁 😁

-The Big K-
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    Very wrong notions held indeed!

Stars cannot control your life they can be only guiding stars! Dare they control your life ... One cannot allow anyone to control one's life not even self!!😁 what say? 😁
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    integratdbrains
    Stars cannot control your life they can be only guiding stars! Dare they control your life ... One cannot allow anyone to control one's life not even self!!😁 what say? 😁
    very true, but they do govern ur characteristics. its not always true... I agree. But u cant ignore the age old sciences as well. they do make sense..

although being a wel read person myself, I do not strongly believe in astrological predictions
  • aashima
    aashima
    mayurpathak
    very true, but they do govern ur characteristics. its not always true... I agree. But u cant ignore the age old sciences as well. they do make sense..

although being a wel read person myself, I do not strongly believe in astrological predictions
    Well Mayur, your above two statements are too contradicting. I have noticed the belief of people who strongly believe in astrology. They say that whatever we do is predecided. But i say that i always have the option to do things my way! And depending on my do's and don't's, my life proceeds. So where does the point justifies itself that our every move is governed by what astrology calls stars??? When we are the ones who bear the outcomes, then i assume we bear for something that we have done ourselves. And i would really look forward to some logical justification behind the same if anyone can provide.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    explaination:

Dear Aashima,

Its rather difficult to justify that astrological predictions are true and not a farce. I come across so many people every day who will tell me that astrology is all crap. But when I start telling them about their own characteristics and how they behave with their gril friends and boy friends just by knowing their birthdates and times, they seem quite astonished. Still however tru the predictions may be, there is no way I can justify them.

My only reason for believing in them is the very fact that your personality is governed by the stars & planets you represent. And that comes frm your birthdate and birth time. There is this energy, spirit what we call it, and there are these planets responding to in differently. That is the reason people with similar sun signs react, if not behave, in a similar manner.

Now you told me that you are a Capricorn. I'll tell you what and how you are, without having to talk to you.

Capricorn is an earth sign, meaning people born with it are very practical and straight forward. You believe in genuine hardwork. Mostly such people know what they want from life and are dedicated to fulfill their goal. As far as success goes, they are always unsatisfied. Capricornians like to be at the top. And they realise that its only hard work thats going to take them to that height. Thankfully, Capricorns are patient, too, and are happy to wait for their turn. You seldom like to be taken granted and preserve your dignity to the last word. Capricornians can be great managers or administrators, beause of their dedication to their work.

Thats is for now, Aashima I guess I've predicted about you correctly. Things may differ as a person also exhibits characteristics of more than one sign. (remember you also have a rising and a moon sign, or you may be a cusp)

Anyways, thanks for reading and showing interest in my guide.
  • aashima
    aashima
    Alright

Well yes no doubt some of the above listed behaviourial traits are carried by me but Mayur I think they are basic Capricorn's personality explanation. In every Capricorn, you will something or the other out of these. So where is the individual "prediction" that astrology promises?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    True

Dear Aashima,

Individual predictions are also possible. It need a lot of research and study though. If you really want to know your individual personality, you can only give me your birth date and birth time. I'll try and make a report. It need not accurate though.

Or rather, lets play a challenge, give me your birth date & time and give me one more person's birth date and time you know very well. You can hide the name. I'll tell you how your reletionship is, how it will be and what precautions you should take.

Let me take it as a challenge.
  • Swati
    Swati
    hey the discussion going on is really very cool.......people who say that how can stars control their move but believe it or not its true...there are many things in life which you dont know how it happened........the reaction which you give to them is how the stars want you to react............Above all noone should forget thats its God who controls the stars ,us and everyone....so maybe he has correlated us with the satrs....believe it or not atleast for me i have many things happened in my life which have been told to me by astrologers.....i didnt even expected them to happen.......nyways still i would say that the stars do play a imp role.....
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    very right

Thank you Swati for reinforcing the argument in favor of the astrologist. However there might be other guys who will not agree to this.

Guys what do you think? por in replies.. lets have a debate over it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    Thank you Swati for reinforcing the argument in favor of the astrologist. However there might be other guys who will not agree to this.

Guys what do you think? por in replies.. lets have a debate over it.
    I do agree that science may not have answers to everything that happens around. Astrology I think is more of a "believer's" perspective. If you think stars control your destiny, they do. If you think they don't, then they don't.

The point under discussion is "Is Astrology a science?". Do we have anyone who can relate astrology to science?

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    In my opinion, science nowhere has any logical explanation to astrology. Rather at many points, the two fields contradict because Science is all based on observations, experimentations and logical laws whereas astrology is only a belief of masses.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Simply put the actual watever science was present in Age Old Astrology Practices has been slowly disolving into money making scams. Actualy learning it can take about 3 or so years. Doing it by the traditional methods is not easy.

And whatever is found by astrology isnt looking in the future or your fate. Its just the probable course of things. We can change it in anyway we like.

Why I believe in the 'Old' ways is because stars and planets always have some gravitational or cosmic effect on the nature. Everytyhing in the universe is interconnected. The butterfly effect etc. Its very complicated to understand but very simple too. Just realize that everything is actualy in our hands. Astrology is just a sugestion.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    xheavenlyx,

Very well said. More often than not, we believe, rather must believe in genuine hardwork. However there are times when things do not turn up the way we want and we end up blaming our luck. So what is luck by the way? Or what is destiny? If you decide to believe it, you do. If you decide it as a farce, then it is.

Its all in the mind. Although astrology is a very complex study and requires a deeper understanding of the subject, which only comes with experiences.

In last 2 years that I took interest in astrology, I've been only successful in knowing the star signs, their various aspects and traits. I can try my hand in predicting relationships, however I'm still very much a novice in predictions.
  • Swati
    Swati
    very rightly said Mayur......people who say that they control themselves.....but sometimes thingsdo not turn out as they want and they say this is luck...............this luck is something that makes u realise that someone is controlling ur life and decisions.......i had these experiences with me....like someone just saw my photograph and predicted my future ...told my naturee......i have many such experiences...so i truly believe that stars play a very imp roles in our lives................
  • aashima
    aashima
    I think governing your own life and still life not going your way are two different aspects. They are not interconnected. Like if one takes his/her own independent decisions, its not mandatory that the situations would be same as when you deal with a life's situations, its not just you whose gonna be affected but many other people and then their decisions come into play as well.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've read about it in many books. Almost everyone thinks that the education system needs to be changed! I'm not talking about education system in any particular country. I came...
hi everyone... can anyone plz suggest me some of the projects based on c language???
IR sensor!! hey, can anyone over here share their idea regarding how IR sensors r used in robotics!!:smile:
Hello CEans! I'm sure that not many of us are aware of this feature. The current private message box size is limited to 50 messages. If you have important messages...
Cricket...the most popular game of India today...We can see every glimpse of cricket in our colony,city,state,country and world..Cricket is played by everyone..let it be a 5-year old child or 65-year...