Ask your questions to Eliot Phillips and Will O'brien of Hack A Day!

#-Link-Snipped-#

Hack-a-day is a website for those of you who love to break, make or fix things and see whats inside them. Its not just the companies that make electronic devices, even people can, as a hobby or just to create something. Everyday a new hack, project or a mod is showcased. Like today it is: #-Link-Snipped-#

So we are going to interview Eliot Phillips and Will O'brien of Hack-A-Day. If you like to know more visit the website: #-Link-Snipped-#

If you too like to have your project on their website then visit #-Link-Snipped-# and send it to them.

Some more interesting projects:

#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#
(You HAVe to watch this video! : Head Tracking for Desktop VR Displays using the WiiRemote - YouTube)

Don't forget to ask questions on this post.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Re: Small Talk with Eliot Phillips and Will O'brien of Hack A Day!

Great work! I first discovered that site through your blog, xhx ๐Ÿ˜€ Its what crazy engineering is all about!
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx

Thats great. I think we engineers should look up these websites and visit em for the latest news and projects and techniques.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx

Dont worry, I shouldn't panic. I have some Q's ready...i think.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    cool cool, keep the questions coming...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    *grin*
    Can we know more about Eliot Phillips and Will O'brien? Like.. what are their educational background and stuff.

Also, how much dedication is needed to maintain a site like that?

I'll think up more questions. When is the deadline?
  • gohm
    gohm
    What was the inspiration "spark" that led them to creating the website?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Here is his online resume (Eliot Phillips): http://engineer.emurse.com/

And here is the podcast Interview with Eliot Phillips: #-Link-Snipped-#

Good Q gohm!

• xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Do you work on HAD part time or fulltime. If HAD is part time then whats your day job?

How often do you get emails asking for project ideas or seminar topics or hight school science projects? What used to be your reaction back when you started working for HAD, and what is it now?

Can you tell us something about Toorcon, shmoocon, defcon and other conventions or con-ventions. What exactly do you do there? Who are present? and what can we learn from these conventions?

Do you think being interested in a wide variety of topics which intertwine at many many levels can be stressful. Will it overload our internal logical circuitry? Whats the solution?

Do you consider yourself a nerd/geek? or is it an overused term? Do you mind people calling you one of those names? Was this question annoying?

I am always learning, and love to make stuff. What can you say about supporting this attitude and passion all the way till the end (of life)?

===Both of you can answer the questions, or you can select which ones to answer. Its your choice. Run with the questions and have fun!===
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good questions, xHx! ๐Ÿ˜€

CEans, do take a look at Hack a Day website! You'll love it!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nice! I believe the reason why theres not much response here is because not many of us are exposed to Hack a Day (as opposed to Wikipedia..)

Q. What is the future of HAD? Any plans to develop or change the website beyond it's status as a blog, or do you believe remaining as one is most effective?

Feel free to rephrase the question xhx ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Nope, that was very well framed. good one.

I was thinking something on the same lines. Thinking of more...
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    I just have 1 simple question!!.........why you name it HACK-A-DAY,does it provide hacking resoursces??
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Ok this thread is closed now. Biggie, I will send you the questions for a review before I send it out to Will. He will show the Q's to Elliot too. They both can answer questions however they like, they can answer common Q's or choose too.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's cool, although we won't accept questions, the thread will remain open for discussions.

Waiting for the questionnaire.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi guys in Ce conference panki has asked us a question... [23rd March 2008 01:56 AM] panki: Why we take bath? so a suggestion from my side is ..can we...
Who are the cleanest people on Earth? The title of "cleanest people on earth" may go to the Australians. However, research is difficult to come by on this point. According...
Hello, Most of the people working in many software companies are from non-it streams(that is a well known fact)..People are saying that non -it people are performing better than it(cse)people....Being...
hello, friends is there any one wants nanotechnology related topics for technical seimnars.......................๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
CEans, This post comes after reading Michael Arrington's post - 2,433 Unread Emails Is An Opportunity For An Entrepreneur What can be a solution to this problem? I bet lot...