Ask Questions To Mr. Jacque Fresco & Ms. Roxanne Meadows

CEans,

Here comes a once in a lifetime opportunity for you. We are interviewing Mr. Jacque Fresco, Project Founder & Director of The Venus Project & Ms. Roxanne Meadows, Co-Founder of The Venus Project in our #-Link-Snipped-#

Screen shot 2011-07-25 at 8.28.56 AM

You may read their complete bios here:

#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#

Go ahead and ask your questions in this thread. We will include YOUR questions in the interview too.

PS: Please go through the information about them & the Venus Project. Also check out the various videos listed under their profiles & then ask questions here. Any kind of spamming in this thread will be removed.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am in talk with some activists of 'The Zeitgeist Movement'.
    I am sure their activists will be contributing many questions for this interview.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is the 18 min video backup for the live March 21st, TEDx [Portugal] Talk by Peter Joseph called:
    "An Introduction to a Resource-Based Economy ".

[video=youtube;4mkRFCtl2MI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mkRFCtl2MI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

You may also read the FAQs here:#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I wish I had found some better luck here. Nevertheless, I have to keep trying.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Earlier when you posted this, I looked up about the Venus project.

For some reason, I thought I would return to it later, but never did return. Today I was again looking at their website.

One basic question I have is that, is such a Utopian state advocated by the Venus project possible? Is it possible to achieve a state where everyone in this world is wealthy?
    I think some other movements like the zeitgeist also advocate the same thing. Or, did I understand something wrong?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @SS: I will try to modify your questions and include them in the interview.

Here's a recent interview with Mr. Jacque Fresco:

[video=youtube;My8XFjkfi8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My8XFjkfi8A&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The Venus Project advocates an alternative vision for a sustainable new world civilization unlike any socio-economic system that has gone before. It calls for a straightforward redesign of a culture, in which the age-old inadequacies of war, poverty, hunger, debt, and unnecessary human suffering are viewed not only as avoidable, but totally unacceptable.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Hmm. Saw the above video..

There is a Japanese Manga series, called Naruto. When I was in college, I used to watch it.
    I remembered a certain part in that manga after seeing this video.

In that, there will be a character called Madara. His one aim in his whole long life is to create a 'genjutsu' (Manga term for something sort of a hypnotism)
    with which he'll control all the people in the world, so that there will be eternal peace. While his intention is definitely correct and laudable,
    the way he goes about it is certainly wrong. Even if you achieve such a state, it won't be true peace.

In a similar situation, this project calls for the abolition of the money system, the defense forces, police, banks, everything about this world we know of.
    And then, construct a new society based on new rules and ways, new completely from scratch. I think this is not only incredibly difficult to achieve,
    but even after achieving such a state, whether we will actually reap the benefits envisaged by this project is questionable.

Now, please dont think I'm being pessimistic.. I'm just being pragmatic. How will we go about actually restructuring the society?
    If there is some way in which we can transition from the current model to the one proposed, without any radical changes, it's ok.
    But if the only way is to turn the world upside down, I dont see it happening. So, tell me how it'll be practically implemented.

P.S : Here after, I won't say "Have a nice weekend" to people. I will only say "Have a nice life".
    (If you dont understand, watch the above video) ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A lot from what you have said is discussed across the internet.

I am not sure, but I think they have given only constructive plans & ideas.. The Venus Project depends on new engineers & scientists for moving forward.

The questionnaire has been sent (finally )after a lot of brainstorming.

Let's wait for the answers. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    That's great! I hope some of what I was asking made it to the list!

I'm eager to know more about this ๐Ÿ˜€ Let's wait for it then ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The wait ends tonight.

Like most awesome things on CE, this interview goes live at the stroke of midnight hour.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    AKD, why do you close the comments for a small talk?

Can we have them open from now on wards? Waiting for tonight. All the best ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I guess we had it open for the initial interviews, but people asking for project ideas to the CEOs looked shameful, so I guess Biggie must have stopped it .. I am following suit.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I distinctly remember a girl asking project query to Mr. Moshe Kam ๐Ÿ˜‰ of course it was on the forums.

Anyways never mind.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've always talked about this topic on my personal blog, but have always failed to get a convincing answer. I see so many engineering students and professionals commute in highly...
Frankly speaking, I've always been scared of economics - as the subject was always boring and filled with complicated terms. However, I've been trying to figure out the basics of...
we are a extrusion die manufacturer for more than 20 years,i dont know hoe to open our business overseas,to have a reliable partner is difficult. because of we chinese- english...
If the whole country takes to streets for a week from 16th August, WE, THE PEOPLE OF INDIA, can force the government to enact a strong Jan Lokpal Bill. Will...
sir iam getting seat in ANDHRA UNIVERSITY INDIA'S 31 BEST COLLEGE,in GEOINFORMATICS by eamcet2011.can you please tell me about itand it's placements.are salary levels are more for other core groups...