Ask Questions To Dr. Vijay Bhatkar: Creator Of India's First Super Computer

Update: Thank you for all your questions. This thread is now closed. We'll post an announcement as soon as our Small Talk with Dr. Bhatkar goes live on CE.

Dr. Vijay Bhatkar needs no introduction. Thinker, entrepreneur, leader, innovator, scientist, author, teacher, pioneer ... he's changed the way the world looks at India. Globally recognized for his work on PARAM - India's First Super Computer, Dr. Bhatkar is one of the top pioneers of Indian IT.

Dr-Vijay-Bhatkar

CrazyEngineers is proud to present you this golden opportunity to all CEans to ask their 'crazy questions' to Dr. Bhatkar. We'll compile the top questions and present them to Dr. Bhatkar. Dr. Bhatkar's responses to your questions will be published through our famous '#-Link-Snipped-#' section.

Visit: Dr. Vijay Bhatkar's Vijay Bhatkar for more information about life & work of Dr. Bhatkar.

Post your questions in response to this thread. We'll collect the questions for the next 24-30 hours.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Once in a lifetime opportunity CEans!
    True to our theme, ask him all kinds of crazy questions.

๐Ÿ˜
  • Feather
    Feather
    I have read your story about how 'angry India builds a supercomputer' was the top headline when you and your team built the great machine. How was the feeling?

and another one -
    Let us know about the toughest challenges you faced in your PARAM 8000 project and how did you solve them?
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Dear Sir, I've been reading your thoughts on your website about preserving the Gurukul system. Do you feel this system of 'handing down the tradition' is relevant in fields like engineering, whose hallmark is challenging tradition and original thought?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Gurjap: Fantastic question. It would be interesting to know his views of the Gurukul System he's trying to bring back!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    @Gurjap: Gurukul system yet not implemented for engineering study but there is a Gurukul system for preparing IIT's www.super30.org.
    I hope everyone already knew about it.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    From high school to graduation we have marking system of 70% theory and 30% practical. I mean theory approach is more that is why marks percentage of theory is more than practical.
    Shouldn't we have more practical approach?
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Hello sir,
    We Indians have more talented human resources comparing to U.S. and Japan(In fact they are importing from our country). But why we are still standing next to them in technological invention. How can we improve our stand in technical innovation and what are the steps need to be taken ?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ianoop
    From high school to graduation we have marking system of 70% theory and 30% practical. I mean theory approach is more that is why marks percentage of theory is more than practical.
    Should we frame this question for Mr. Bhatkar?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    AbraKaDabra
    Yes mod.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I wanna ask this:
    What was the thing that gave you the motivation behind creating a super computer? What is the history of your work...
    Well, haven't framed the question well... ๐Ÿ˜ Please correct it... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Guys active on Facebook - please help us spread the word among your friends! ๐Ÿ˜€
    The_Big_K
    Guys active on Facebook - please help us spread the word among your friends! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Sure... Will do... Posting it on my page! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We're just a few hours away from closing this thread. CEans, do not miss this opportunity!
  • NIKHIL MACWAN
    NIKHIL MACWAN
    hell
    The_Big_K
    Dr. Vijay Bhatkar needs no introduction. Thinker, entrepreneur, leader, innovator, scientist, author, teacher, pioneer ... he's changed the way the world looks at India. Globally recognized for his work on PARAM - India's First Super Computer, Dr. Bhatkar is one of the top pioneers of Indian IT.

Dr-Vijay-Bhatkar

CrazyEngineers is proud to present you this golden opportunity to all CEans to ask their 'crazy questions' to Dr. Bhatkar. We'll compile the top questions and present them to Dr. Bhatkar. Dr. Bhatkar's responses to your questions will be published through our famous '#-Link-Snipped-#' section.

Visit: Dr. Vijay Bhatkar's Vijay Bhatkar for more information about life & work of Dr. Bhatkar.

Post your questions in response to this thread. We'll collect the questions for the next 24-30 hours.
    The_Big_K

Dr-Vijay-Bhatkar

hello sir,
    happy to see this on crazy engineer sir a wants to know about "virus and anti virus" what is a virus ?? and how the anti-virus work. . . hope you reply me soon . . . thank you . . . .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    NIKHIL MACWAN
    hell

hello sir,
    happy to see this on crazy engineer sir a wants to know about "virus and anti virus" what is a virus ?? and how the anti-virus work. . . hope you reply me soon . . . thank you . . . .
    I think you don't need Dr. Bhatkar to answer that question. Why don't you simply find the answer on Google?
  • sarthak05
    sarthak05
    hello sir ,
    i'm in first year and wanted to know why are the iitians diff form uptu???
  • Vijaya N
    Vijaya N
    ianoop
    hey u asked a good question... As an engineering student even I agree that we should have a more practical approach than a theory...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sarthak05
    hello sir ,
    i'm in first year and wanted to know why are the iitians diff form uptu???
    You are disappointing us, guys.

Don't you even understand what questions you should ask to the man who created India's first Super Computer?
  • Vijaya N
    Vijaya N
    hello sir... according to u.. what are the corrections should be made in today's engineering educational system...?
    AbraKaDabra
    +1 from me too! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Hello Sir...โ€‹
    When I read your profile it made me to recollect these lines.โ€‹
    "All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players;
    They have their exits and their entrances,
    And one man in his time plays many parts,
    His acts being seven ages."โ€‹
    โ€‹
    You are a thinker and thought leader, researcher and innovator, scientist and philosopher, educator and educationist, author and articulator, policy architect,institution builder,scientists and IT leaders of India.โ€‹
    โ€‹
    My Question: โ€‹
    What inspired you to play these many roles in a single stage ?โ€‹
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you everyone for your questions. We'll announce as soon as Small Talk With Dr. Bhatkar goes live on CE. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Updating: Our Small Talk with Dr. Bhatkar is now live - #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If IDM can speed up downloads , why don't web browsers use the same technology for downloading?
Nokia has just launched the 808 PureView Camera and the most noticeable feature the phone offers is 41 MP camera! First of all, I'm not sure what are people going...
Few days ago, we informed you about the leaked 'Flyte Digital Store' by Flipkart that lets you download DRM free music from the site. The Flyte store is now live...
Hey guys... Today I got shortlisted for L&T build india scholarship exam....I ve got through 1st round... But i have to face the interview on 17th march.... My areas of...
Hi CEans, I want to measure the level of the liquid in a tank without using Level sensors. Can anybody just provide me a solution for this ??? waiting for...