Ask questions to Akshai Varde - Founder/CEO @ Vardenchi Motorcycles

vardenchi โ€‹
Akshai Varde is the Indian name behind the Italian-sounding, awesome-looking, Vardenchi Motorcycles. I had a chance to meet Akshai at TiECon Nagpur 2013 where he was a guest speaker. Akshai agreed to do a #-Link-Snipped-# with CrazyEngineers and share his interesting journey from hospitality industry to becoming well known brand in custom mobikes industry. Vardenchi reengineers bikes and turns them into what you never thought was possible - and it all takes some crazy engineering brains. True to the spirit of CrazyEngineers, that engineering isn't about degrees or certificate; Akshai himself comes from hospitality industry but has been doing really awesome engineering stuff in his garage along with his talented team. Check out this demo video of Vardenchi -

โ€‹
And here's a gallery of all of Vardenchi creations so far-

Vardenchi - Type III Vardenchi  Dragster - Type IV (3) Vardenchi Infinity - Type III (2) Vardenchi Valoroso - Type IV (4) Vardenchi  Dragster - Type IV (1) Vardenchi Valoroso - Type IV - Rear Tyre 300mm

Ask Questions To Akshai Varde

We're collecting questions for Akshai and you can ask anything about his journey so far, how these bikes are made, throw technical queries at him or anything you want to know. We'll pick up the best questions and present them to Akshai. Akshai's responses will be published in our special Small Talk with Akshai.

Wroooom!

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Update:
    Vardenchi Bike In 'Oh My God' Bollywood movie -

Akshay-Kumar vardenchi-oh-my-god
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Start posting your questions, folks. Tagging @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-# , @#-Link-Snipped-# , @#-Link-Snipped-# .
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Has Vardenchi expanded to any other motorcycle(s) in all these years apart from Royal Enfield?

What marketing strategies are being employed currently @ Vardenchi? How effective are the bikes customized for a particular event/company (Sunburn, Red-Bull) in attracting customers?

How did 'OMG! Oh My God' happen? (That was seriously great marketing, even if indirect. I personally came to know of Vardenchi post that film)

Growing a company to the ranks of 'manufacturer' from a 'customization company' within a span of 8 years is HUGE. [HASHTAG]#respect[/HASHTAG]. Some special milestones you'd like to list out for our engineers here?

There are not many bike-customization enterprises in India. Vardenchi probably pioneered it, and then there's Old Delhi Motorcycles which is doing some really good work. Any other company which Vardenchi considers a potential competitor?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    This is coolest things in Bike machinery I ever heard in India.
    Here I found a video of how things done

Q0: When you thought "this" thing can turn into a business (specially in Indian context) and any moment you thought it will not work but you were overcome and made it into today to this height?

Q1: What are possibility of a common 150/200 cc bikes can turn into awesome looking bike?

Q2: When we are going to see Batpod functional bike made in India ๐Ÿ˜
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Q1)Have films like ghost rider or batman influenced in youd customization process?
    Q2)Do you think classy bikes like Royal Enfield,Triyumph,Harley had more space for customization?
    Q3)Your favorite motorcycle company and favorite bike in it???
    @#-Link-Snipped-# , thanks for arranging this small talk and happy that small talk is back with bang and especially a automobile entnusiasist.thanks for tjis awesome work.
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    1. How was you feel when you rode your first bike Yamaha RD 350?
    2. Why do you more concentrating on Choppers? Have any idea to change the shape in future?
    3. Other than the Great RE, which are the bikes are customized?
    4. When do you manufacturing the whole components?Instead of custom?
    5. What are the design and strength aspects considered in Vardenchi? Is FEA,CFD or anything else is used for designing?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Hi, Mr. Akshai Varde. I really like your work, superb stuff! ๐Ÿ‘

One question that i'd like to ask you is would you consider modifying scooters like the Vespa and Honda Dio to custom grade quality as well?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# and @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Could you please tag more people in this thread who you think would be interested in asking more questions?
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    What was the thought of changing the 'Mumbai Motorcycle Company' in 'Vardenchi'; making it Globalize?

Congratulations ! for your Engagement with 'Sameera Reddy'; Do you any plans to join her on big screen on one your favorite Verdanchi customized bike?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Driving a lengthier bike is difficult then driving a smaller size. In most of your customized bikes, you had increased the lengths; I haven't seen a one in which you had decreased the length and showcase a unique design concept to world? Is there any technical challenge in that?

Who designs your customized bikes, 'you' yourself?

Most of your customized bikes are custom made Royal Infields. Have you ever taken a challenge of modifying a 'Honda 250VTR' or 'Ducati' - a Low or very high end bikes?

Ever thought of customizing a car; to give a challenge to James bond cars ๐Ÿ˜€?

Do you modify the bikes just look wise, or you have plans to modify them technology wise as well (As shown in Hollywood / Bollywood movies with fancy features)?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# and @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Could you please tag more people in this thread who you think would be interested in asking more questions?
    If there was an @All-Guys tag option. Who wouldn't want to ask a question to a custom bike modifier? ๐Ÿ‘

@#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looking for more questions. @#-Link-Snipped-# - I think you might want to ask a few questions to Mr. Varde.
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    Hi!
    I came to know about you through TiEcon. I have been following your work since then n recently had a chance to see one of your creations in flesh. Let me take the opportunity to congratulate you first. Its pretty impressive engineering that you put in your bikes. I'm a bike fanatic, follow OCC, Gas Monkey and Chopper City.
    Q: where do you source your parts from?
    Q: another person I'm a fan of is Khalidaro Designs. They do some amazing stuff too. But still a lot undercover. What contributed to your upward drift?
    Q: do you have a technical team or a passionate (non tech) team?
    Q: do you engineer your bikes or it just builds up with trail n error?

P.S. I'm building India's first functional Batpod. Would love to have your suggestions on the project. cc: @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Just a slight off the topic...

Congratulations Akshai Varde for getting married with Sameera Reddy on Tuesday (01/21).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, and I think that might just delay the Interview. Let's see.
    Rajni Jain
    Just a slight off the topic...

Congratulations Akshai Varde for getting married with Sameera Reddy on Tuesday (03/21).
    Thanks for reminding us.@Kaustubh Katdare
    convey our wishes too.
    When would be the Small talk featured?
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
    @#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Android is an operating system based on Linux which is virus free.But there are lots of antivirus apps for android. Do we really need antivirus app on android ?
My areas include: Java, C/C++, Python. I want to do my major project and need ideas for web development projects. I have thought of providing live demo online of applications...
Oplus India and online retail store Snapdeal collaborate to launch Oplus XonPad 7, the company's first ever tablet in India. The device is only available with Snapdeal for a price...
A story is best when read and felt, and it's even better if you could smell the pages on which your favorite characters have been sketched upon. A few bookworm...
Here is an interesting article on TATAs from 'the Engineer' magazine (UK): https://www.theengineer.co.uk/opinion/comment/tata-for-now/1017770.article?cmpid=tenews_92384