Artificial Neural Network

What is the basic concept bahind the artificial naural network?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I hope this gives you a basic idea of Artificial Neural Network

A 'neuron' is an electrically excitable cell that processes and transmits information by electrical and chemical signaling. It is found in the bodies of most living beings.
    It is also called as a biological neuron.

Now, an 'artificial neuron' is a mathematical function regarded as a crude model or abstraction of biological neurons.

An artificial neural network is a very wide concept.
    It is a mathematical model or computational model that is inspired by the structure & functional aspects of biological neural networks.
    It consists of an interconnected group of 'artificial neurons'

This network changes its structure based on external or internal information that flows through it during the learning phase.
    Modern neural networks are non-linear statistical data modeling tools.
    They are usually used to model complex relationships between inputs and outputs or to find patterns in data.

Some Applications are:

They can be used to infer a function from observations. This is useful in applications where the complexity of the data or task makes the design of such a function by hand impractical.
    This has some applications in 'Robotics' as well.

If you have other queries regarding this topic, please ask specific questions.
  • dipeeka
    dipeeka
    Visa introduced real-time fraud prevention technology using ANN
    can we doany coding on this above topic ???......can it b prefered by info tech field???reply as soon as possible......
    if any project u know on this concept then u can suggest!!!!
  • Reya
    Reya
    did u search it in IEEE website?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My final year BE project is silencer design and optimization Ofcourse passive control. Reactive type silencer (non dissipative). One which uses tubular elements n creates impedance mismatch. Now the point...
One of my friend has brought an OS named as 'opensuse'. It is an OS of linux, but it is entirely different from others, it is not supporting either NTFS...

Hey

Hey there, my name is Patryk. Lets see, I am a senior in high school. I play play soccer for my varsity team and basketball in an outside league. You...
OK, so I posted in the Introductions section saying that I am totally new to Electrical Engineering; I am not even in college! I have decided to leap into it...
hello friends, I want to know that why HPFS is not recommended in small systems with less then 16 MB of RAM? HPFS stands for High Performance File System.