Artificial Inteligence: What you think?

I want to discuss the topic of Artificial Intelligence , what the first idea that comes to your mind when you hear this word , how you see AI , doesn't sound a little bit complicated 😉?

Replies

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    is it that complicated really??
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    We are using computers.. it is a perfect example of artificial Intelligence
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    AI is a system which learn by its own and rectify its mistakes and implement them accordingly!!!
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    AI sounds complex but when you study it purposefully its not that complex..
    Common AI definition
    1> Branch of computer sc. that deals with automation of human behavior such as reasoning, perception, communicating in natural languages, acting in complex situations,analysing etc.

2> Branch of computer sc. that deals with making computer do things in which humans are better at present like reasoning, perception, communicating in natural languages etc.

A normal PC is not an example of AI because it can't reason or analyse a situation or makes decision on its on.

In 1997 a chess computer called deep blue beat the world chess champion Garry Kasparov, its a perfect example of AI.
    I have made a presentation on deep blue which was part of assignment, if someone interested in it, I can upload it.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I had taken this subject as my elective in the final year. You have a learning AI which creates new rule and keeps on updating it's knowledge base, and you have AI with a fixed knowledge base. In that sense, any automation is an AI.

For example - a program which uses a heuristic function that it constantly keeps on updating would be a learning AI.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Hmmm.AI is interesting one.I heard It is much used in search engines and robotics, gaming...
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I guess any place where automation is needed, you can have AI. The best example where many of us would have interacted with AI is games.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    kidakaka
    I had taken this subject as my elective in the final year. You have a learning AI which creates new rule and keeps on updating it's knowledge base, and you have AI with a fixed knowledge base. In that sense, any automation is an AI.

For example - a program which uses a heuristic function that it constantly keeps on updating would be a learning AI.

Me too had taken it in my 7th sem as elective. As you have studied the subject, you must be knowing that a machine is termed as intelligent when it passes "turing test". So any type of automation can't be part of AI. Your automobile is automation but its not part of AI similarly pc is not.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    vik001ind
    Me too had taken it in my 7th sem as elective. As you have studied the subject, you must be knowing that a machine is termed as intelligent when it passes "turing test". So any type of automation can't be part of AI. Your automobile is automation but its not part of AI similarly pc is not.
    Vik, excellent point bringing up the Turing test. At this point I concede that when I was a student, I never did this. Thanks to CE, this conversation and you ... I did read up on it.

Here's a link to Turing Test. If the output of a human and a machine is not recognizable, then we can call it an AI.

By automate, I meant automate - Wiktionary. In that sense, any automation can be loosely called an AI.

No?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well every sequential circuit depends on output for its input,but it cant be termed as an Intelligent machine,a machine should be capable of giving out appropiate output when fed with unknown input, then it can be termed as an AI,in simple machine closer to human intelligence behavior can be termed as AI.
  • Vega
    Vega
    Well, I think upto a certain level, artificial intelligence is possible. In fact Man has already made it possible. Aren't there Robots existing? Aren't there softwares who play chess? But all of them have limitations.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    making a system as close to man, is the challenge for Artificial Intelligence,who knows one day machine will emulate men!!
  • prasath_amd
    prasath_amd
    The things that flashes in my mind whenever I hear "A.I" :-

1. The machines in the film 'Matrix'. :grin:

2. All of my enemies in Video Games.:twisted:

3. The machines in Terminator 2.:shock:

[​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys, fms delhi question paper with detailed solution is available at FMS - Delhi - FMS Question Papers Management Apptitude Test (FMS - Delhi) Question Paper Model Papers and Syllabus...
Hi guys. First I would like to say I do not have a degree in any thing. I am currently a student interested in becoming an electrical engineer. I am...
Hi fellow CEans! I was wondering where I can purchase equipment for electronic projects. I have some at my house but my dad got that stuff from his work. I...
hi all, i have a few questions regarding fedora in conjunction with java. 1. which distro of linux do i use for my project work. 2. which version would it...
Youi guys must have wondered where did I disappear, well I am back with a news. I am in Canada now hehe. in UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA studying bachelors in electrical...