Artificial eye...

hii frnds.. I am IT student. I had the idea of "Artificial eye". Which help to blind people to see the world... Do you have any Comment about this..?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    I also seen that. But how can I send these signals to brain? Is it praqctically possible?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is already being done in various labs. Various threads in CE itself cover some of these developments.
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    nice.. can you point out these particular threads? It's very imp to us...
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Is it for a review or for a project. It is probably a high budget large team activity.
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    We decided to develop this project... As per the submission for Final year project...
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    Please help us...
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It has been a while since I looked at this. I shall get back to you. It does not seem to be a final year project to me. I trust you have some idea of what is involved in making an implantable active biomedical device. This is the highest level of a biomedical devcice and has to conform to many strict controls.
    It is typically a five year project if you want to actually try it on a human being. If it is only a concept demo then it will be much simpler.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Where are you located? Which is your college? Do you have a guide/supervisor, who has some background in biomedical active devices?
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    I am from satara college of engg. Actually no one here able to guide or superior. But from 1st year our many ideas are fail because our teachers doesn't support us. This time we decided to does not depend on any teacher. So we take a help of internet... We have interest, ability, and we are always ready to hard work... it's really not possible to complete this project in 1 yr? do you have any other unique idea for project?
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    I had a another one idea, lip movement language recognition... In that we create a speech with scanning the lip movement.. How is it? If you have such kind of idea plz suggest us...
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The problem with the eye project is that a machine-brain interface is needed. This is a special area and will occupy too much of your time and require outside expertise.
    The machine 'lip reading' may be a useful concept for the hearing impaired. Why don't you contact the Ali Yawar Jung Institute for the Hearing Handicapped?
    They have various research programmes. Your idea may be a useful one for them. Since it is in Maharashtra and an autonomous Institute under the Govt., of India, your project will have added value. It is best to make a personal visit and discuss with the concerned people rather than on the internet. You can probably call them, fix an appointment and go in person. If more than one of you want to go that is all right too.
    Even if nothing materialises, the experience will be worth it. Also they have a good library, which may have more info on lip reading.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I have mailed the head of speech pathology of Ali Yawar Jung Institute about your idea. It may be better to wait a couple of days to see if there is any reply. I shall keep you informed. You can still go there later if I do not get any response.
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    Ok. Thanks sir...
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    Sir, I want to inform you that, our "Artificial Eye" project is rejected by our HOD...
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    chat1992
    Sir, I want to inform you that, our "Artificial Eye" project is rejected by our HOD...
    You can always take that up after you leave college.
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    Yes I think so... I like to work in research... and I will defintlly Do this... Thnks for your concern...
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    Sir suppose that they did not support our idea. then is it possible to us to develop this sys? we have to register our topic tomorrow. plz reply... so i can decide wht to do?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    One needs the help of a person experienced in lip reading. It is possible that there are such schools in Satara. May be you can contact them. I found one:
    Asha College of Special Education, Satara Kodoli, Rahimpatpur Road, Satara-415004
    You can easily record lip movements using even a cell phone camera. Your expertise will be in developing algorithms to convert these images into speech. It may be best to stick to the local language rather than English.
    My own handicap is that I do not have any personal expertise in speech pathology. I am sorry that I can only make suggestions.
    You need some one to tell you which lip movement corresponds to which word. You can choose some daily use sentences. Even five will do. Ask the teachers at the deaf school to demonstrate how they will teach this to their deaf students. Even better, ask them to give you their starting lessons in lip reading. Even if you succeed with just one sentence machine translation you have proved your point. One word that is recognizable may be enough for concept proving.
    If that happens you can take up a major project. Funds are available from DST.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Till now there is no response from Ali Yawar Jung Institute. You may have to discuss with the Asha College and make a decision. If AYJI comes in later you can consider that later.
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    ok sir... thnks for your suggestions... Is there any major institute which will help us for sponcership for this project? which will help us financially?
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    Sir you have lots of knowledge and experience... Whats your profession?... I had many plans for my future.. I always looking for the person who guides for this... will you be that person? Will you help me? In future? I need your suggestions and guide.... will you?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    chat1992
    Sir you have lots of knowledge and experience... Whats your profession?... I had many plans for my future.. I always looking for the person who guides for this... will you be that person? Will you help me? In future? I need your suggestions and guide.... will you?
    He is an inspiration to all of us here. Know more about him: #-Link-Snipped-#

He's been helping a huge chunk of engineering souls here on CE.
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    Very nice... Thnks for the link.. I'll always stick with CE...
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    chat1992
    I consider myself a student. I am just an Aam Aadhmi of engineering, which I love. There are many here who are able and will help. I shall certainly help in any capacity I can. You can rest assured of that. Please do not forget that it is you yourself that is doing the work. We may be like sign posts pointing the way (till GPS takes over), you are the one that is traveling.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    He is an inspiration to all of us here. Know more about him: #-Link-Snipped-#
    He's been helping a huge chunk of engineering souls here on CE.
    Dear K, should you make a 73 year old male blush?
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    he don't blush you sir.. It's your greatness... I also mean it..
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    bioramani
    I consider myself a student. I am just an Aam Aadhmi of engineering, which I love. There are many here who are able and will help. I shall certainly help in any capacity I can. You can rest assured of that. Please do not forget that it is you yourself that is doing the work. We may be like sign posts pointing the way (till GPS takes over), you are the one that is traveling.
    Sir your one line is thousand Motivation for me... Thanks a lot....
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    A gist of what went on in the background on the issues thrown up in this thread:
    chat1992 and his team mates drew a blank with their options for a project with their authorities. The Ali Yawar Institute has not shown any interest yet. Asha Institute at Satara have been contacted to see if they would be interested in a collaboration with a local college on a possibly useful project.
    In the meantime another possible project on a Braille output device has been thrown up. Such devices already exist. Can be improved, made cheaper or customised for local language.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Here is another promising lead:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • chat1992
    chat1992
    Dear sir,
    I am glad to inform you that we fixed our project. We plan to develop one social networking web site. It is same as other site but here we use for academic part, there is also one concept of Bidding of educational instruments. and we see about to develop new web mail server for our college. the concept is much more than this description.

and thanks for your help..
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Congrats! You can go after the m health projects later.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am Kedar and I am a crazy Mechanical engineer. I wanted to know what exactly is Wringing of slip gauges? I would appreciate if someone explained the process...
what is Transfer Case in automobiles? how does it works?
There is your friend in a faraway place. And we are in a time where the only means of communication is through post. There is no phone, courier, travelling to...
has any one heard of a vehicle running in benzene?
I stumbled upon this article on Pluggd.In : https://www.pluggd.in/why-indians-do-not-buy-online-297/ . The article tries to find out the reason why Indians do not prefer purchasing online. The article starts with stats...