Around the world in Eight Hours? On a silent Sonic Star!

Richard Lugg of Hypermach is out to design the Sonic Star the fastest yet greenest plane that can travel from New York to Sydney in four hours.
There is more to come. It will also fly without creating the sonic boom that always accompanies supersonic flight.

This is not a pipe dream as Lugg has impeccable track record and credentials in the field.

Bharat that is India will bring him down to earth with a thud. I take two hours to reach the air port and another hour to check in at Bangalore for a 40 minute flight to Madras.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Using an ingenious laser bouncing femtosecond pulses and a timing system in picoseconds, MIT researchers have developed a means of looking around corners using real time computer imaging algorithms. I...
"Isn't Government A Welfare company?" This question always arises in my mind. If the answer is yes, then that organisation is in heavy loss. Everyday we visit/ come across many...
The title says it all - The Biggest room in the world is the room of improvement. ☕ I would like to read the opinions of CEans in this regard....
CAN A VVF DRIVE BE USED TO CONTROL THE MOVEMENT OF A SHUTTER OF A DOME,USED IN OBSERVATORIES?
I've been reading various speculations that Apple's new iPad may be launched in India around May 2012. The new iPad went to retail stores on March 16 and is expected...