Areas of interest in electrical / electronics engineering?

what r the various fields/areas of interest in electrical and electronics engineering

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Re: areas of interest

what do you mean???
    do you mean in jobs wise or project wise
  • akhilrstg
    akhilrstg

i mean job wise
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy

then you have choices of government jobs
    if your indian here the choices like IES,BHEL etc...................,
    if not i dont know
  • akhilrstg
    akhilrstg

i mean job profiles..like one is production,T&D,etc
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    Hey Akhil,

Right now their are two field developing at rapid speed they are transmission and protection............

If you are interested in that you can join those fields and even you can do research on it........

Their are many companies like ABB, Areva SIEMENS which provides you research facilities in these fields........

Or you can do one course in SCADA and can join any transmission and distribution based company at higher salaries.............

Hope this might satisfy you......

Regards,
    VIPUL
  • akhilrstg
    akhilrstg
    thnx a lot vipul..
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    no need to say thanks..........@akhil..........
  • aicbal
    aicbal
    I 'll sugest to prepare yourself for the examination conducted by Public Service Commission. I think every state of India do have PSC by which recruitment to the Govt. job as Asstt. Engineer like PWD, Irrigation Waterways, PHE etc. Alternatively look for exams by Municipal Corporations. Now a days Govt is giving moderate pay to the employees. Now the question is how to crack PSC?

My personal suggestion to go through following subjects with priority:-

1. Control System
    2. Electrical Measurement
    3. Power System
    4. Field Theory
    5. Electrical Machines
    6. Mathematics (yes)
    7. Analog /Digital Electronics

and the rests with lesser priority. I think this could help.

I am a blogger:-
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CAN U HELP ME TO FIND THE INTERESTING TOPIC OF EEE PROJECT?/////////////////😕
Yo Yo! CrazyEngineers came up with one more awesome interview with one of our CEans, she is CEan- maria flor 😀 who has contributed about 200 valuable posts to CE....
hi friends, i am here with the thread for solar energy if we think about solar energy there comes 3 questions into existence 1.why we went to solar energy? 2.what...
Hi friends, Ever wondered of a crank shaft? Well this is a single one piece casting or a forged part.The material is heat treated alloy steel.The crankshafts may be unbalanced.So...
I remember ever since I was in IT company the most common complaint every software engineer had was the food served in IT companies. I'm not sure why - but...