Are you happy with the Android 5 month update cycle?

Android firmware typically follows a 5 month development cycle when a new release is pushed to the audience. Do you think Google is justified in following it. Or would you like to have frequent update cycle?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Well in a rapidly changing tech world, 5 month wait for an update is a incredibly long time and users will find it mostly annoying.
    I have read that most Android smartphones still don't run ICS. They are stuck on Gingerbread that's more than a year and half old.

But at the same time we have to take in consideration the number of approvals that go into even the tiniest phone firmware update. If we take a short development cycle, and a 2-3 month test process, 5 months is "reasonable" under the circumstances. What do you guys (especially Android users) think?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how can i control 6 stepper motors and their speed in all directions only by one pic and i need their code by micro c pleeeez? if any one have...
Google Chrome experiment is playing hide and seek with the visitors. The game was launched, rolled back, launched again, rolled back and now launched finally. Check it out here: https://www.playmapscube.com/...
One of the most common suggestion that almost 80% of the survey responders made was to ensure that we've quality discussions. That's been one of our main motives here; but...
Apple Co-founder Steve Wozniak says that Windows Mobile Phone interface (he's using Nokia Lumia 900) is more beautiful and intuitive than android or IOS phones. He says that with Lumia...
Google Drive debuted as the Dropbox and other cloud storage services killer with its larger storage (Skydrive offers more), cheaper pricing plans and tight integration with Google Docs (in fact,...