Are you guys really Stressed??

hi guys ,

We have many people on CE more than 41K.
So i wanted to ask a question , are you people stressed of working/reading etc etc .

If yes please post them here , we can have the Root Cause Analysis done by experienced guys on CE , such that we can work and live better.

please post your views of your work and education and the amount of stress you face ?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Well coming to me , i had projects for which i worked for more than 15 hours a day for 6 continuous months last year and i am not stressed , and i read almost 1-2 hrs a day .
    i spend my time on CE and i talk to friends.

I am not stressed and i am a below average student .
    So i guess everyone can handle stress , just plan properly and you will see miracles.

post your views of stress you are facing in IT industry and all other work places ofcourse.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good thread, E-S. Subscribing to the thread.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Generally, the causes of my stress are:
    1. Dealing with relationships
    2. Leading group projects

I usually handle stress by playing basketball. Though, I haven't played for a long time. Sleeping and listening to music seemed to have temporary effects only. I suppose there is a positive correlation between stress endurance and physical health πŸ˜‰
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Last night i was reading Mayur's blog and read something which made me to start this , actually i wanted to know that all the professionals working are realy stressed or you guys just feel in the evening after coming as "I am stressed".

Moreover , i have seen many people saying i am busy , cant meet you , cant come , in all the personal relationships and the reason they say is they have heavy work .

To me this is not correct , most of us feel we are stressed where as actually we are not πŸ˜€
  • smita89
    smita89
    I get stressed during exams mostly. Other than that I'm usually very merry 😁

Solutions to relieving stress: I listen to linkin park to destress and also EAT. Weird? I know!! 😁
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well I never take stress relates to my profession since I believe in completing my task within stipulated time and schedule my work accordingly,anyhow if I feel streesed I like to read newspaper and catch some sleep!!!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Great Saurav , guys give as many ideas possible to reduce stress in professional and personal life , who knows some method will be useful for some people .

IF they follow they will live happy and we can make all Ceans happy πŸ˜€

So smita what you eat?
    i herd mostly eating chocolates will make people happy , this is true i have read somewhere .

For me i dont usually gets stressed , even then i get stress turn it to positive side , like i assume and believe that i am learning work or learning something out of this situation which makes my mind work on it without feeling stressed.

So more ideas to come πŸ˜€
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    way to go E-S,as far eating is concerned is does take away your focus and concentration for a while,and if your stomach is full your brain also starts to work!!!
  • smita89
    smita89
    Exactly saurav. When the mind gets distracted for sometime towards the eating, everything seems to work out on its own 😁

@ ES: I LOVE chocolates, but when my stock runs out, I eat any grub I can lay my hands on. hostel canteen provides very meager choices πŸ˜”
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I am a bit Stretched but not Stressed.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok.. my stress comes out when I need to do root casue analysis,, it eats up my brain

remedies:
    LP,
    Hoobastank,
    RHCP,
    GD

and double shots of Mocha
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thanks Good Smita.

@Durga : What does your shortcuts mean i know none. please give fullforms..

Sms text is not allowed on CE forums πŸ˜‰ (just for fun)
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Speaking of Hoobastank.. Doug Rob looks so different with his hair cut like that.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    who is Doug Rob???
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ ash he sometimes looks like a punk rock and sometimes a child πŸ˜€

@ sauvrav: he is the lead singer of rock band hoobastank.. try out there tracks they are awesome
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    lol

Just out of curiosity, do you all listen to music (with earphone of course) during working hours?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    lol

Just out of curiosity, do you all listen to music (with earphone of course) during working hours?
    Yeah, that's a norm in most of the software companies in India. πŸ˜›

[...is known to increase productivity and remove boredom]
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I am doign that πŸ˜€

i have agroup of people who disturb me by shouting and discussing loudly. So I do use plug ins..

But ear phones help me better 😁

And Youtube is not banned.. so they keep playing 😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Sure, YT helps with productivity as well as efficient utilization of company's bandwidth.. *grin*
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    In our office no sites are allowed ,thank god CE is not blocked πŸ˜€

and the interesting part is mobiles are not allowed so no songs.
    In my previous Organization i used to play songs happily but not here.

And Durga i figured out few of the short forms..
    What does GD mean i didnt get this one πŸ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Green Day πŸ˜€

Mobiles are not allowed? Thats pretty sad, lol. You have to use the company's phone lines?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    oh! Green Day ok, cool..
    We should not use them as well, there will a report generated on monthly basis on the internet usage and phone and printer usage using which manager can screw you like anything.
    There is a particular limit for everything .
    I dont use phone and printer i use only Internet for CE so no issues.
  • smita89
    smita89
    oh Yes! Green day is pretty awesome!

It is indeed sad about the no cell phone and no music policy in your organization ES.

I play music while doing mathematical problems or derivations. People think it might be distracting, but it actually helps my productivity. Does anyone else do this??
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I do it when I work.. you can say 7 hrs each day
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Music do help to relax,but i find difficult to focus whne music is goin on!!!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    smita89
    I play music while doing mathematical problems or derivations. People think it might be distracting, but it actually helps my productivity. Does anyone else do this??
    The only music I listen to while studying is techno. The lesser the lyrics, the better. Charges up the brain *grin*

But anything else, like saurav said, is a little distracting and potentially make you sleepy if you're trying to study a thick ass textbook πŸ˜‰ Perhaps its gender related? Women do have extraordinary multitasking capabilities.

@ES
    Damn.. such a controlled environment! But if it does help productivity with work, why not I guess. I don't think the rest of us can survive there for long, haha.. but you seem to be doing fine. Respect!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    ash
    @ES
    Damn.. such a controlled environment! But if it does help productivity with work, why not I guess. I don't think the rest of us can survive there for long, haha.. but you seem to be doing fine. Respect!
    I dont think these are related to productivity , they say related to serious issues so no discussions on this πŸ˜€

For me my previous organization was like college have many friends there and we do anything as a group or gang.We used to have lot of fun besides work.

Here , it took 45 days to get adjusted to the environment , but if big heads put some rules , i believe they analyse all possibilities and put the rules so its for our betterment is what i believe so no issues πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This thread is going in another way .

SO here is one question guys , many people here are working , say coding testing etc etc ..,
    If software field is considered , if you got a bug and you are not able to find the fix and the code should be moved to production that night , are you not stressed??

Dont give answers that you will fix the code , somehow we will fix the code and send it for sure.
    But the time when we are not able to find the code and people are around you ? Dont you feel stressed? how will you over come that?
    I am sure if your manager is sitting next to you for the code fix you will not listen to music..

So there are people who cant bear these kinds of stress and kill themselves so thats not correct as per me..
    So what do you suggest ??

This is a general example in a Coders life? We willl have many examples in all the fields of life and we will also have personal situations which force our brain to die?? So guys share the problems and share the solutions.
    So if some one sees these there would be a better change in his/her life we can be happy πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Need a reply from people here!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We're less than a week away from the launch of the supposed next "iPhone killer," the Palm Pre. The iPhone has miraculously survived a few of these attempts on its...
CEans from Nepal - RKNEC, one of the most sought after engineering colleges in India, is visiting Kathmandu, Nepal to participate in Indian Education Fair between 29 May - 2...
Quick Heal CEan of the month May 2009 is... 😁CEan - English Scared 😁 Ever since joining CrazyEngineers in January 2009, Crazy Electrical Engineer CEan English-Scared (E-S) went on to...
Discuss the announcement - https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/24219-quick-heal-cean-month-may-09-a.html in this thread!
πŸ˜€ OK.. I went through yesterday's discussions and came up with this thread. I have purposely not come up with any other thread other than thanks giving as its really...