Are we the responsible

Ceans, do you think that ENGINEERS are the one responsible for what is happening now in our environment... the global warming, climate change, other abnormalities in the nature??

Replies

• hari02
    hari02
    In my opinion almost every technology has its own pros and cons but it depends on how we are using that technology for the gain or benefit of the mankind.

Engineers are not the only one who would invent new technology and we are not going to call each and everyone as an engineer who invents a new technology.

Correct me if I'm wrong.๐Ÿ˜’
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @hari: i think i have to confirm one thing to you engineer dont invent they only makes the things which were given by the scientists as a protocopy
    @maria: my answer to this post is only engineers are not responsible every persons irresponsibility is cause for it
  • Sachin Jain
    Sachin Jain
    I do not think so.
    Infact engineers make best use of available resources and give world very handy products.
    Electrical Engineers have made this world full of light.
    Various Recycle Plants are cared by them.
    Computer Engineers have brought every person close to each other.
    And there are loadz of positive reasons.
    Although enginners use some resource but they do come out with some good solution on how to use them efficiently...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Half Knowledge is worthless.
    Hence, when not just engineers but all the people around dont have complete knowledge of the consequences of their actions, abnormalities are bound to happen in nature.
  • Batman
    Batman
    In my opinion: we are responsible.
    because engineers know things that common people don't know.
    It was because of engineers that technology as as we see today.
    If environment was given the same priority as to profit of company or benefit of "mankind". The scenario would have been different.

But its not a time to mourn on the mistakes we have all made but to start creating a new world where the environment has the same importance as the animals living in it.

And I think this is an only way that we as planet can survive.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I think engineers are people with lots of common sense.Not only those who hold a degree.
    So we can say that almost every person is Engineer.So everything engineered by us always has its pros and cons.
    Take example of television. Engineers made and developed TV.Its excessive use can damage your eyes.
    So we have only provided our service while its up to users how to use it.
    But I am not blaming users alone.Sometimes we engineers use our brain for developing a thing which we know will only end up destroying peace and nature.
    So it depends on person to person.

"A sword can be used for defence or to kill someone,
    it depends on user how to use it.
    However it is also the responsibility of craftsman(the one who created the sword)
    to see to it that it does not falls into hands of a killer
    but in hands who wants to save others"
  • nikeace003
    nikeace003
    i guess not only engineers, but to make it a whole, it is us humans to be blamed of what is happening right now, yes we have invented many useful things but we didn't used it in the right way and that's why these phenomenas are occurring..
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    If you ask me, I would simply say, it depends... depends on how you think.
    Now, if you would ask me how I think, well, let me tell you.
    The outcome of each project you do, depends on gazillion factors, from your will power to do it to the political factors in your work place, with everything like the finance, materials available etc. in the middle. If engineers work according to the ethics, that is, after confirming that whatever they do are according to the books to the fullest, that is, they consider all the factors, environmental, social, political, religious and all the other factors you can think on, then there is no problem like global warming, terrorism, or whatever you can think of at the moment. But we cannot work like that, it is not the inability of the engineers that they can't work like that, after all, engineers are humans. The countless factors (Which I was talking about before), ooze all the energies out of the outcome and make it more lethal than it should have been.
    Another thought(which I actually found in my office)-
    Engineers think of, and bring out various solutions to a lot of problems, or devise plans to harness energies for the good of mankind. Usually, there are two types of solutions, one is easy to do, but has disastrous consequences (which come under the classification 'viable'), and the other one, which is hard to achieve but is good for the environment (termed as non-viable). The investors, promoters, or whatever you call the people who want to put their money into some profitable uses, do not think of anything else, but their money. All they want is profit, and they would ignore anything for that. They usually do not want the non-viable option as it wont get them profits, but may also run into losses. So, they take the disastrous but viable option, which will do a lot of good to them and them alone.
    This happens in all the companies everywhere around the world, and thus we get to see these impossible things like global warming, deforestation, climate variation and all those calamities and terrorism, thanks to the entrepreneurs who want only their gain. Hats off to those people who made the impossible possible. ๐Ÿ˜.
    Entrepreneurs, I am sorry, I don't want to hurt you, this is just a personal feeling which I just put out in my words. This is the fact, according to me. Face it.
    Thanks.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, yes but not just the engineers. Engineers have filled the nature with their creations which we believed helped us solve problems we faced to better livehood. However, every creation added some amount of unbalance to the nature and we're going to suffer from it. We humans have a limited lifespan and it'd not be possible for us to 'experience' what our future generations will face.
  • nikeace003
    nikeace003
    aj_onduty
    If you ask me, I would simply say, it depends... depends on how you think.
    Now, if you would ask me how I think, well, let me tell you.
    The outcome of each project you do, depends on gazillion factors, from your will power to do it to the political factors in your work place, with everything like the finance, materials available etc. in the middle. If engineers work according to the ethics, that is, after confirming that whatever they do are according to the books to the fullest, that is, they consider all the factors, environmental, social, political, religious and all the other factors you can think on, then there is no problem like global warming, terrorism, or whatever you can think of at the moment. But we cannot work like that, it is not the inability of the engineers that they can't work like that, after all, engineers are humans. The countless factors (Which I was talking about before), ooze all the energies out of the outcome and make it more lethal than it should have been.
    Another thought(which I actually found in my office)-
    Engineers think of, and bring out various solutions to a lot of problems, or devise plans to harness energies for the good of mankind. Usually, there are two types of solutions, one is easy to do, but has disastrous consequences (which come under the classification 'viable'), and the other one, which is hard to achieve but is good for the environment (termed as non-viable). The investors, promoters, or whatever you call the people who want to put their money into some profitable uses, do not think of anything else, but their money. All they want is profit, and they would ignore anything for that. They usually do not want the non-viable option as it wont get them profits, but may also run into losses. So, they take the disastrous but viable option, which will do a lot of good to them and them alone.
    This happens in all the companies everywhere around the world, and thus we get to see these impossible things like global warming, deforestation, climate variation and all those calamities and terrorism, thanks to the entrepreneurs who want only their gain. Hats off to those people who made the impossible possible. ๐Ÿ˜.
    Entrepreneurs, I am sorry, I don't want to hurt you, this is just a personal feeling which I just put out in my words. This is the fact, according to me. Face it.
    Thanks.
    that sums it up.. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Lalyn Doroja
    Lalyn Doroja
    I guess, engineers had, in one way or another, contributed to these environmental hazards that we are facing right now. But, in the first place, all we want only is to improve the quality of life of everyone. But, as a whole, engineers are not the ones who are responsible, everyone is! And everyone has the responsibility to make reasonable actions.!
  • shame
    shame
    For me as civil engineering student I can say that it is not only the ENGINEERS that is responsible about it.
    We, all the human in this world must be responsible.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

smbdy help me abt quantum devices???????????๐Ÿ˜’
Please friends help me to invent electric gear box for two wheeler. send any detail which you now........... This is for handicap people wnich are not able to complete gear...
Hi All, The term Planning holds good for any field, so i hereby initiate a general discussion to know and to share the idea behind "PLANNING", Experts please do share...
I want to know the name of the following device which hold by an actor and its working mechanism .
My name is Reehan and I'd just like to say hi to everyone. As everybody knows that nowadays forums are the best source of Knowledge, and through forums we can...