Are there any companies taking students who don't have career ?

Having problem of not scoring 60% in intermediate. I have scored 74% in 10th and 58.7 % in 12th. And in BCA and MCA  scored 80% above.  So I can't sit in on campus here. Is there companies who is taking a person like me. ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

There are companies that recruit students not on the basis of their performance in college exams; but from the 'skills' and 'capabilities' they bring to the table. 

Since you do not meet the criteria for campus placements, you will have to take a different way to get the job that you desire. There are ways to do it and you should start working on them right away.

First - make sure that you have necessary skills to crack the aptitude tests, technical and HR rounds of interviews. There are ample resources available on the Internet to help you with that.

Second, start building your own portfolio of projects that you can show to your potential recruiter. This would give an an edge over others when it comes to selection of candidates for the job.

Many companies do walk-in recruitments on weekends in major cities. You will have to keep an eye on them for new opportunities. 

All the best!

• Tapaswini Panda
    Tapaswini Panda

Thankyou for your valuable suggestions. 

• Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande

Register yourself in some job portals and clearly mention your scenario. You will definitely get interview calls based on your other qualifications.

• MD TOUFIKUZZAMAN MOLLA
    MD TOUFIKUZZAMAN MOLLA

Sir, i have 67% marks in 10 standard, 56% marks in 12 standard & 70% marks in B.Tech(cse) can i get job from IT sector?

• Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande

#-Link-Snipped-# : Yes, you will get job in IT sector. Thats pretty good marks.

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar

@#-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# : If a company refusing to allow in their test for not having 60%. Make a promise to yourself to not apply such companies. 

Build your knowledge and earn certificates from your interest. After few years, these "percentage-asking-companies" will call you back if you are interested.
    Start earning certificates, In current market there is big plus of having certificates. Specially in cloud and Big Data related certifications. I agree that certificates only don't add knowledge but if market ask for it, then why not spend some money and add some weight to your resume.  As you gain experience, you can freely choose your career path.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am planning to purse MEM after my BE in ECE. I'm confused about whether mem is a good option or not
We're excited to launch the feature that we've all been working for several weeks now. CrazyEngineers Discussions now has a 'search' feature - one of the most requested feature; that...
Common Entrance Test (CAT) 2018 notification has been released now by IIM Calcutta on their official website of the exam.The same notification containing all the details is available on -...
It was only last year that LeMall, LeEco Smartphones were a rage in India. Everyone I knew was either buying a new phone or getting it for someone as a...
In the recent past, testing was done in  a manner that it was said to be a  time-consuming phase which usually took place after development phase was done. To boost...