Are online reviews trustworthy?

Almost all of us refer to online reviews before purchasing anything. Be it a mobile phone or a car. Online reviews are supposed to be unbiased and offer 'true insight'. But the fact remains - online reviews aren't edited - that means there's no one to check if the person writing a review is really writing an unbiased review or has been paid to write good / bad things.

Do you think online reviews are trustworthy?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    Do you think online reviews are trustworthy?
    I am rather sales resistant. I investigate for myself and avoid impulse buying. I fix in my mind what features I want and buy the product that has those and nothing much else. The Nokia phone I have just about sends and receives calls and messages and nothing else, which is all that I wanted. This in spite of carte blanche from my office.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Online reviews are mixed bag,you cannot decide on JUST online reviews it just helps you in making your decision easier.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    User comments tell better....
    and for how product is good just search Problem with , This is surely trustworthy(for not a very new product) . and for latest product reviewss on a famous websites users comment tells what is better 😀
  • optimystix@
    optimystix@
    K u have shared really an imp issue we must have to search for genuineness
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I do not know if online review are trust worthy or not, but most of the times I personally read them and go with them and never got a different experience.

-CB
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    They may not be 100% trustworthy, but they do give some important information when you know nothing but the official claims & specifications.

However, the trick is, don't see how many bad or good reviews are given. Read the problems which people are facing & research there. If you find like shitloads of people with the same problem, particularly on the official forum of the product, you can certainly be sure that the problem does exists.

If you read like 2 good reviews on some xyz forum & blindly go forward to purchase just to find that the product is shitty, then, "Welcome to internet". As pointed out by @#-Link-Snipped-# the reviews will always be mixed, however, if there's some genuine manufacturer side problem, you'll findrant about itin every reply. Other than that, most of the times, the users are incapable of using the device & end up blaming the device for their illiteracy.#-Link-Snipped-#
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    Online reviews are trustworthy to a certain extent. User comments portray the true drawbacks of the product.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    to an extent okay ☕

but they can't be the only criteria for buying a product
  • Umesh Kumar Rai
    Umesh Kumar Rai
    Well, reviews are never 100% trustworthy, be it online or reviews taken personally with different people. There would be always clash with the likes/thoughts of one person with others. the liking differs from person to person. I think this should not be the criteria to buy something online. for example, if you want to purchase smartphone and go for online review, you will get n number of people who like Apple and almost equal or more number of people who like Android smartphones.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    If we know what we want, then by reading all the features the product is providing we can decide on it.

Reviews are useful to some extent, but we need to figure out what we want and then go for it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi guys i plan to charge low power battery while i pedal is it possible if yes do tell me how it can be brought about PS: prime concern lesser...
I bet all of you are aware of that funny, but yet antique gear shifter, present in scooters and autorickshaws. the shifter is present on the left hand side of...
wats d avg package n hwz is plcmnts in CDAC for pdDiploma???
The Gini coefficient measures the inequality among values of a frequency distribution (for example levels of income). A Gini coefficient of zero expresses perfect equality where all values are the...
how i can improve my programming language c in few months..